Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 11 months ago #169032

Just road tested the car after fitting a new s/s clip to the off-side rear UJ boot. The old clip had failed and grease was escaping and this was picked-up as an advisory at the MOT. I refilled the boot with new grease and after a road test there is no sign of grease on the wheel inner so job done.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 10 months ago #169457

Fitted new front speakers, Lecky mirrors and borrowed the rear speakers from my tf160 for the daughters tf115. Strange that you find some dark history when you start delving into the cars innards. I now know that the passenger door has had a new glass it had the wrong colour mirrors and the wires have at some time got caught in the window gear!! The drivers door has had a new handle again not the right colour and the plastic sheet was missing.
Trouble is lots of work on the daughters car but nowt on mine

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 10 months ago #169472

The 135 passed it's mot and I think I have cured the oil leak on the 160 so a good couple of days.
Anybody wantca 135 ?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 10 months ago #169517

Well put the 135 on the bay Saturday teatime.
Sold to first punter who called Sunday afternoon in the pouring rain. sad to see it go but I can get to grips with the 160 now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 10 months ago #169557

What have I been doing - nothing - I've lost interest.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 10 months ago #169583

Won an award at MG2016 :woo2:

Mark
95 MGF
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 10 months ago #169611

Congratulations Mark and it's nice to see that 'Canada' appreciates the MGF. I see that you have a historic UK tax disc - I just hope that the Union flag you display doesn't go the same way too!

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 10 months ago #169620

Hi Richard,

Both of our Fs (hers and his) happen to have had their last tax disk in the glovebox when we bought the cars and both cars do display their final tax disk. Judy's car (pictured) also still wears its UK registration plates placed under its current Ontario plates.

We most certainly do appreciate our Fs, and take great pride in owning a couple of these great little cars.

Here's a picture of the car on the show field in Louisville, US, in the concours class at MG2016. I put the flags on the doors after judging was finished. Of course the union jack was used by Canada until 1965.

Mark
95 MGF
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in, cairnsys

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 10 months ago #169813

In the process of designing a front airfoil to go under the front bumper specifically to go on my TF template made from the bumper outline, idea drawn up on paper. it looks similar to The B+G one. now off to the workshop to throw bits together. I feel like Caratacus Potts from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by smudger69. Reason: Missing picture

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 10 months ago #169864

Here are my new rear parking sensors, fifteen squidleys off the bay of E and come coloured, so picked one as close to XP Grey as poss!
With my rear view camera and my new sensors reversing my low visibility rear view TF should be a lot less aggro!

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 10 months ago #169868

Not done anything but I did pick these up for only £20.... think they're £50 from MS.....

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 10 months ago #169901

Well after much discussion with the better half we finally agreed (rather she finally agreed to let me keep both cars) :beer: so decided last night to start changing my brake hoses for the hell lime green stainless braided hoses I purchased a while ago. The job was a doddle was a little worried that the union between the hose and brake pipe might give bother but they were all like new (note the car is still on its original brake pipes) while I was at it bled the system to change the fluid all now done and the brakes are feeling superb. To celebrate took the car out with our little girl Ailsa for a blast I loved it she slept through the whole journey so a result for all. A wee pic of the rear fitted never took any photos whilst I was doing the job.

Thanks

Alan
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT