Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166421

Well lost track of what day i'm on but hey ho. having inspected the brakes I've made my mind up that there will be no more winter lay ups :nonod: .
Brakes are in a hell of a mess. Slider pin broke on rear along with a seized slider on rear plus another one on the front. and thats just the drivers side.
the budget if well out the window now. having looked at a well known website for replacement pins i had a look elsewhere the price for the rear one are a bit steep.
Anyone recommend an alternative source and whats the best way to get the seized one out and clean the inside of the carrier :-? .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166443

Hello.
I have finally got round (and time) to remove my hardtop. :lol:

I know many will say about time and what you been messing about out. :-?
Hope its not the kiss of death to the better weather. :woowoo:

Tony. ;)
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166741

Summer has started.

Took my F out of the winter storage. Started within a split second and the fun got going.
Only got a waring light on the engine. As I expected it was the HT leads. Last year I replaced the ignition coils but couldn't replace the leads because they had sent me the wrong ones.

So replaced the leads and all errors cleared. Kudos also to the cheap chinese ODB2 readers!

But the highlight was getting my 52 mm throttle body in! My expectations were modest but it was a 10 minute job to do and the result is really worth the money (and those very 10 minutes of blood sweat and enjoyment) !!!
It really picks up better on the movements of the gaspedal. It's like a nosespray when you caught a cold... the engine it's breathing so more freely now !

So check you ebay, gumtree or over here Marktplaats for a 52mm throttle, you won't regret it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Last edit: Post by The driving dutchman.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166768

On Sunday went on a run with the South Wales MGC., from Glynneath to Llandovery, via some great driving roads not even on a satnav :drive:
There were 11 cars & the sun shone - they don't hang around either.
My only regret was backing into a sharp stone wall before we even left :( Nice scrape on rear wing.
The SWMGC are a friendly bunch & you can join or go as a guest. See their web site.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166775

Hard top off and new roll hoops fitted. Also treated my soft top to a Renovo makeover. A good clean up and some new mats (nice genuine MG-R ones) to give it the just new feel again.
Replaced the rusty bolts on my soft top catches too.
Summer is coming!

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166777

Painting rear quarter panel. Wondering why if had faded. No lacquer, must have been a cheap job. On the plus side fixed the rust around the air intake at the same time.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166779

Had the MG washed and polished yesterday parked out the front of the house, the old couple next door had some visitors that commented on how nice a car it was and the old lady thought the car must be worth 15k. Nice to get some appreciation for the car, wouldn't mind 15k either! Lol. B)
Thanks

Alan

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166784

Spent several hours trying to fit the expansion valve.
Wasn't helped that the smaller rubber seal as packaged by MGR (or their supplier) is the wrong size.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166788

Fitted a USB outlet socket in my dashboard, not 100% happy with it, as it doesn't look "normal" but gonna have to stay as there would be a hole if it came out again!

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166809

So while waiting for the lacquer to harden, I did this......

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by cairnsys. Reason: Inserted image

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166838

Went mad and bought a 160. collecting on Sunday from north wales.

Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 3 weeks ago #167241

This week, I repaired a broken engine mount bracket.

The bolts had sheared off in the engine bracket resulting in a life home on a truck... thanks to the excellent advice here I was able to locate and then repair the problem.

S

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT