Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 2 months ago #166030

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.

Thanks tc found this on the bay 190533000833 six stud but not listed for the 160?

All standard exhaust manifolds are the same
:broon:
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 2 months ago #166085

Changed my stuffed radiator to a new ally one following David's How To and then Clive's How To on bleeding bleeding.

The only bit I struggled with was the bleeding as I couldn't get coolant into the radiator no matter how much I bled it until I bled the engine bay point, with the engine running. That sorted it and all is well now.

And then I read Adam's comments about bleeding in a recent thread which stated the bleeding order as engine bay, heater then radiator - exactly the opposite order I used - DOH!
Robin ;)

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166114

Went out to do my Range Rovers leaky core plug - found at least two others leaking - realised it's now an engine out job - felt depressed!!!

So decided to wash Felix's soft top.

It looked like this to start with:

Used Autoglym hood kit as usual. I have a couple of brushes as well as the sponge supplied, plus I use my Bissell carpet cleaner with hand tools to suck the dirt out. Anyway first lot of crap sucked out looked like this:

Second pass with cleaner and brushes:

Starting to look cleaner:

Third lot of cleaner and scrubbing:

Now the green crap has all gone and most of the marks...

No after pic as yet as the protector is still drying so it looks all wet... but just goes to show you how much muck gets stuck in the fabric! THREE passes with a carpet cleaner and STILL there's probably more to come out if I really wanted to!

P.S. Sorry some pics are wrong way round - Photobucket is playing up!

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166153

SS underfloor pipes, a LE500 radiator and oil service this weekend. Took around six hours :yesnod: Anyone else had the plastic casing of the HT lead fragment and drop in the spark plug hole :bang: That added an hour finding something to fish it out with. :lol:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166155

Well saturday Morning started so well rotated the tyres on the range rover borrowed a second jack it was like a pit stop done dusted 20 mins.
On way to return jack I just lifted front offside of MG as I thought I could hear a knock when driving home Friday.
Oh dear why did I do that.
Bottom ball joint had it. Only place to get one local was £1,000,000. Drill rivets out (what a saga) fit new joint.
Opps still got play top joint this time lucky Euro car patrs got them on on offer £8.
Fitted still a little movement, trackrod end this time b******s!
Off to the the MG spares box for a stock track rod end, why doesn't everybody keep them?
Very annoying part is I have just refurbished a front subframe with all the above bits fitted but it's at work waiting for a nice weekend bring home and fit it !!!
Started with the tyres at 10:30 had lunch and a drink 3:30 I hate cars.

Also looking for a 160 if anybody selling up?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166185

Me i'm looking over the TF to see what needs done for it's MOT.
Been sitting over the winter. Since August to be precise.
Oh i've missed her. Got the shakes just thinking about getting behind the wheel.
Day 1 battery flat quick jump start from the ZT. Quick run around the streets
to see what gives. Alternator belt snaps (after squealing like a banshee), on the way back up the hill.
New belt still squealing and smell of burning. Will investigate tomorrow, time to pick up wife.
First port of call tomorrow will be Alternator, might be seized. :-?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166190

Been waiting for some warm weather to get the wheels off and have a good clean up round the brakes, backs of the wheels, and just have a good look round underneath. Got the front offside off after a few hefty whacks with a mallet. Cleaned off lots of crud and gave all the rubber mounts a spray of lubricant. The inside of the wheel looked like it had never been cleaned but it came up well after lots of wheel cleaner and wiping with old towels. So far so good. Went to do the nearside and could not get the wheel to shift. Took the car round to my friendly tyre fitters and they managed to get the wheel off. I then repeated the process and again it all cleaned up nicely. I was pleased to see that there had been some recent(ish) work done as the bottom of the suspension assembly on both sides was obviously quite new.
Tomorrow it will be the rear wheels coming off (these should come off ok as I had two new tyres fitted a couple of weeks ago), and again a good clean and tidy up underneath.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166194

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
MOT due in a month, had nowt to do over the weekend and into thus week as on hol, so:

Hardtop parked back in the shed: Sue likes it I don't. Her car, so hey!
Axle prop in each corner, wheels off and pressure washed arches and suspension.
New discs all round with pads: nowt special just standard gear.
Ongoing polybushing: front and rear ARB and drop links.
Engine cover off, new air filter, checked plugs and leads etc. Oil change and filter.
Cleaned soft top.
Finally, 2 new rear tyres: still a fair bit of tread but signs of cracking at the sidewall/tread area: UV effect I'd reckon: though used everyday, not many miles per year, well during the winter any road: just Sue's commute. More summer use for both of us. Rears were around 3 years old.

That's it for now!
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166214

I'd be upset by having to renew 3 yo tyres with good tread left :-?
Wouldn't have thought it was that sunny in your neck of the woods :P
What make were they?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166224

Just finished cleaning up my rear end (oops!), job went easier than yesterday. Surprised to find Lucas brakes at back with Girling at the front. I suppose the parts are all the same and just depended on what was in the parts bin at the time of assembly.
Was pleased there were no visible signs of corrosion anywhere that I could see.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166236

Pleased to report all three of our cars now have passed their MOT's. :drive:

Also pleased that both the MG's have had a clean and Jaffa is now wearing a new set of mudflaps.

Rover will be getting a good clean this weekend too.

Last edit: Post by richandpaula.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166241

Having got fed up with trying to get the suspension up (I managed 20mm before my second home brew pump gave up) I decided to start using the car from Monday - steering wheel audio controls not working but the car just clears the sleeping elephants on the way into work (they are so large the front wheels are still on them when the back ones go on), on Tuesday I found the heated front screen isn't, at least the seats are heating.

Then on Tuesday evening my daughter decided to kill the alternator on her mums ZR so we went out to the rescue but had to use the ZS as it had the tools etc, ended up (2 minutes after we got there) calling the AA who provided a battery to get home but the up shoot was I lost the parking space for the ZS so am having to use that again.

Picked up a replacement alternator from ECP tonight and had it fitted in a couple of hours.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT