Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 3 months ago #165224

Fitted Citroen Xsara washer jets, followed by removing the non-return valve. Plenty of pressure now but I can't get the jets to aim much higher than a third of the way up the screen and there doesn't seem to be any adjustment. Still work better than the originals, although those may well be better now that I've removed the NRV.
Robin ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 3 months ago #165225

Hi. I have been replacing my old bulbs with led ones (thanks for the tips). Quite a bit brighter now especially in the driving compartment. : :broon: Struggling though to find a 10w baynet for the boot. Hey ho, will keep looking, not much on the telly. :dry:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 3 months ago #165226

I needed a new window after the old plastic one went, so I decided to get a whole new hood and go Glass.
Thanks to Peter of MGF Mania for supplying everything, a great price, and lots of support and help for free.
The car looks ten years younger :woohoo:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Last edit: Post by Bob.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 3 months ago #165227

Looking good Bob. I'm going to start some jobs on mine soon so she's ready for the good weather we are due (lets not hold our breath though) .
Nice TF you have there.

:beer: :beer: Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 2 months ago #165258

I fitted a pair of s/s bonnet struts to the F today.

They came as kit from MGMania (£45 unless you live in the Highlands when it's £50 delivered). The struts are supplied by www.JOM.de (ie a German firm) - here is their listing for a VW Golf: http://www.jom.de/products/de/Angebote/Motorhaubenlifter-VW-Golf-31.html

MGMania adds a couple of substantial bolt-on s/s plates (handed) plus all the necessary fixings.

It's basically a simple bolt-on kit with the plate fixed to the existing hinge fittings and the ball at the other end replacing one of the wing bolts.

I managed single handed. The instructions are OK although they tell you to remove the spring clips in the ball sockets before fitting then replace them which is totally unnecessary (if not impossible) and I do hope that MG Mania profits (which I'm obviously helping) will allow the purchase of a spel chequer although I'm willing to poof reed for a discount!

What is required (and hinted at in the instructions by the following subordinate clause: 'however as small number of customers have had to releave the inside of the bonnet over the top of the ball end bolt due to bonnet touching the top of the skip proof clamp.') it is necessary to provide a bit more clearance on the underside of the bonnet where it contacts the ball joint in the wing. I closed the bonnet to the first stop then marked the spot where contact was happening and then with the bonnet open I taped where I was going to hit it then gave it some sharp taps with a nylon headed body hammer (I've been looking for a use for this hammer for over 40 years). Here are the results:

Anyway, job done and the struts do work really well and make me feel happy. At this rate there will be more s/s in the F than a Delorean!

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, mgtfbluestreak

Last edit: Post by Blow-in. Reason: poof reeding

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 2 months ago #165295

Fitted a new exhaust front pipe. The flexible had failed for the second time in 12 months.
Luckily the supplier was happy to replace FOC under warranty. still meant an hour under the car for me though.
I was enjoying the "sporty" noise of it blowing but it did get tiring after a bit.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pics added

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 2 months ago #165301

fitted some noisy airhorns :clap:

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: clicked insert

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 2 months ago #165305

That's horny! :lol:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 2 months ago #165375

So, this week I have changed a broken oil pressure switch, and replaced the LH coolant hose. I had to buy a whole hose unit and was going to just pull off the top bit that I needed, but then thought " how hard can a complete change be?".

Well, it's not hard just fiddly - the hardest part was getting the old hose off the "Y" piece.... no room to get mole grips onto spring clip. However once that was overcome it was straight forwards if messy. The oil switch was very messy....

So far no leaks from water or oil.

As always I am grateful to the guys that took the time to reply to my questions. Another job I now know how to do :beer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 2 months ago #165379

Looking good Bob :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 2 months ago #165450

I removed the front bumper at the end of 2015 to repair a split with glue from behind. After that I covered the seam with black satin paint.

At this chance I also fitted some stainless steel mesh to the vents. I used small cable ties to fix it and seamed with black sealing mass to keep it quiet.

I also ckecked the front subframe mounts, which seemed not so bad. Used some releasing oil, cleaned the threads and wanted to open the screws a little bit to prevent rust and seizing by copper paste. Of course two heads sheared off :(
So I ordered stainless steel subframe mounts including new screws and mounted them.
Took about two moths altogether, but as it was cold outside and a lot of salt on the streets, she stayed inside of the carport anyway.
Now our half tomcat uses the MG as a viewing point and sometimes sleeps on the roof. I don't like the fur on the roof, he sometimes even walks on the bonnet with his dirty paws. Now I stuck a few cannulas to a rubber mat and covered them with a cat towel. This will keep him away. I hope so at least...

Thanks to cjj for his great how-to regarding the front subframe mounts! He's fantastic, isn't he?
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by c.steffan.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 2 months ago #165455

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
:bust: That is a serious attempt at a cat repellent. :omg:
David
:shrug:

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT