Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then?

Replied by FrenchTF on topic Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then?

Posted 8 years 8 months ago #162465
Completed the Club Rallye during the Circuits des Remparts weekend at Angouleme - all bar the last few Kms where we got a bit lost, but we did find the finish podium!

Fourteen other MGs from our Charente MG Owners took part including two other TFs and a couple of Fs. Amazing response from the local population, crowds lining the route waving and encouraging 'on the cam' noises! Where the UK population would be tut-tutting everyone (including the Gendarmerie) was cheering us on - and thanks particularly to an extremely elderly lady leaning on her wall and pointing the way at a tricky junction to avoid us 'wrong slotting'!

There was only one MG - a highly modified MGB V8 - for the actual racing on Sunday, but that didn't detract from the spectacle. If you haven't seen a pack of Bugattis being thrashed through the town and up the hairpins of the Remparts then you really need to go!

What's that black canvas thing behind the seats for?

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Forrester, Blow-in, Fatbaldingoldgit, mgtfbluestreak

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Forrester on topic Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then?

Posted 8 years 8 months ago #162467
Hi Mike,
Are there classes in the race or is it just first past the post?

Replied by adamelphick on topic Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then?

Posted 8 years 8 months ago #162468
Well not actually 'done' anything as yet. Although tomorrow I am hopefully gonna check Meg over and get her MOT'd for the first time in 2 years nearly!

However I am just arranging to buy this:

Everything including heater controls and centre tunnel. Then comes the fun of making it fit! I am a glutten for punishment!

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: Render ebay item Invalid or non-existent item ID.. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Replied by smudger69 on topic Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then?

Posted 8 years 8 months ago #162517
New rear bumper fitted, every single bolt or screw was set solid in rust and needed to be heated up to free them i was expecting it to take an hour max. instead it took all day, burnt one set of fingers on hot mesh and the cut the other set on a rough edge.. However i got some funny looks as i heated the screws up and then dropped them into a mug full of old engine oil to re blue them. As im sat on the side of the road with a blow torch and a large plume of smoke from the mug looking like a witches cauldron.

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: Render ebay item Invalid or non-existent item ID.. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Replied by mgtfbluestreak on topic Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then?

Posted 8 years 8 months ago #162531
Today the postman arrived with a package.It had took that long to come i assume that the china to england part of the journey was done by a elderly chinese guy on a rusty bike...........anyway the item was a 3.5cm ariel in a trophy blue colour............why?.............because i have to keep removing my larger ariel when i cover the car up with my car cover............

The ariel was in a carbon fibre effect and trophy blue colour............it came with several adapters

After fitting the ariel i could not make my mind up if it looked good or not...........so proof is in the pudding and i turned on the radio...............oh no......great if the only flamin radio station you want is radio 4.......thats the only one i could get has the radio did a full scan of the airwaves..........in a nut shell crap
Mini 1.38" 3.5cm Carbon Fiber Short Stubby Aerial Antenna Fit For Car Radio Blue
Completed
Last Edit:8 years 8 months ago by mgtfbluestreak
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by mgtfbluestreak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Replied by talkingcars on topic Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then?

Posted 8 years 8 months ago #162540
I listen to Radio 4 all day in the lorry.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Replied by mgtfbluestreak on topic Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then?

Posted 8 years 8 months ago #162546

talkingcars wrote: I listen to Radio 4 all day in the lorry.

The ariels yours then......Its ideal for you

Last Edit:8 years 8 months ago by mgtfbluestreak
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by mgtfbluestreak.

Posted 8 years 8 months ago #162549
Fitted my dials at last!

Bit of a moment as the dials reset themselves (needles buzzing and flying around all ove rthe place!), but then it all settled and works a treat! Has anyone got a handbook for an LE that has all the warning light positions in it? Pretty sure there are some I have no idea about (ad maybe don;t have the associated electrics fitted for)!

I am already wondering what they'd look like with the front panel beige like below (excuse the terrible mock up!):
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

• psymon
  • psymon's Avatar Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX

Replied by psymon on topic Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then?

Posted 8 years 8 months ago #162550
Got your cables sorted then?
by psymon

Posted 8 years 8 months ago #162551
Managed to aqcuire an orginal cable - but I also have the plugs from a Renault Scenic dash (which are the right plugs) so I'll see if I can work out pinouts for everyone at the weekend!
Last Edit:8 years 8 months ago by adamelphick
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by adamelphick.

Time to create page: 3.502 seconds