Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166243

Bob Essex wrote:-

Anyone else had the plastic casing of the HT lead fragment and drop in the spark plug hole :bang: That added an hour finding something to fish it out with. :lol:

Bob, I had the spark plug issue as well. Took it out using two screw drivers in and ouside the 'tube' But the plug being apart had ruined the spring ...I bent it back as good as I could but had to replace it in the end...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: clarity

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166245

Day 2 Time to check that alternator. Why are there so many bolts holding in the engine cover.And why are 3 off them difficult to reach. ( moan for the day ) yep dam things seized. Replacemental on the way.Now what else can I do while waiting. Service required but will wait until alternator replaced, no point in overheating engine just to drain oil. Oh would you look at that ( look of pure horror on face, and maybe even a tear ) large crack at the bottom of windscreen. That's it, I've had enough for the day.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166255

Day 2 Time to check that alternator. Why are there so many bolts holding in the engine cover.And why are 3 off them difficult to reach. ( moan for the day ) yep dam things seized. Replacemental on the way.Now what else can I do while waiting. Service required but will wait until alternator replaced, no point in overheating engine just to drain oil. Oh would you look at that ( look of pure horror on face, and maybe even a tear ) large crack at the bottom of windscreen. That's it, I've had enough for the day.

I had this on Meg about 6 months before her last MOT ... as she wasn't used on the road at the time. I used a big spanner on the pulley nut to move it, then Sprayed GT85 on the bearing each day and moved a bit, for a few days. Hey presto it loosened up and never seized again!

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166256

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Forrester wrote:-

I'd be upset by having to renew 3 yo tyres with good tread left :-?
Wouldn't have thought it was that sunny in your neck of the woods :P
What make were they?

Toyo Proxes. Actually, now I come to think, they are 4 not 3 years old. Not too much life left tbh, around 1mm above the wear bars.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: clarity

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166262

I had this on Meg about 6 months before her last MOT ... as she wasn't used on the road at the time. I used a big spanner on the pulley nut to move it, then Sprayed GT85 on the bearing each day and moved a bit, for a few days. Hey presto it loosened up and never seized again!

I've had the alternator seize on the F twice, first time we freed it off, second time it was having none of it.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166268

I've had the alternator seize on the F twice, first time we freed it off, second time it was having none of it.

Always worth a try but I think it depends 'where' it has seized. If on the collar where the shaft goes in to the alternator (or at the rear), then you have a chance as this is usually just a build up of rust/aluminum oxide mix... if the actual bearings themselves seize then I think they are sealed and you have no chance..

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166272

Day 3 Wife has day off work so she gets priority ;) . My other baby will have to wait.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166273

Mrs TC's birthday today- taking her out in the F.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166278

Day 4 Part 1
Autoglass arrived to day and fitted a brand new windscreen. My £300 budget to get my TF back on the road after a winter
break has just dropped by £75 ( EXCESS ).

Replacement alternator arrived early so was mostly fitted before the windscreen was fitted. Now fully fitted and runs smooth with no squeal.
Another £69 gone from the budget. but it does look shiny

Time for the service. Plug off and its time for lunch while it drains.
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166279

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Haha.
just reading this while waiting for my oil to drain out too. :lol:
David
:shrug:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166286

Mrs TC's birthday today- taking her out in the F.

which was nice, 30ish miles there, spot of lunch and a 30ish different miles back.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 month ago #166290

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Oil and filter changed. Check :broon:
Handbrake callipers adjusted. Check :broon:
David
:shrug:

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT