Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 day ago #168180

Have ordered all the bits for my next project inside the cabin... more electrical work, but reversible if needed :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 day ago #168199

Thanks for the information. :broon: I will follow it through.

Tony

yes snapped it up as soon as i saw it.....as ive a chrome fetish.....plus it compliments my battery with mg carbon fibre and crome effect sticker :woowoo:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtftone

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 day ago #168200

Hi.

All looks very good under the hood. :broon: Looks like you polish under the bonnet as much as the rest of bluestreak. :bust:
Must admit I polish the hidden bits too.
Earlier today I fitted some green led bulbs on the inside of the bean. Waiting now for it to go dark to see the full affect. :woohoo:

Tony ;)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 day ago #168218

Hi.

Earlier today I fitted some green led bulbs on the inside of the bean. Waiting now for it to go dark to see the full affect. :woohoo:

Tony ;)

Update on last post, it got dark, another trick of light. Green bean lit up :woohoo:

MG logo projector lamps on order. :broon:

Tony ;)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Last edit: Post by mgtftone. Reason: Missed text.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 day ago #168219

Hi.

Tony ;)

Update on last post, it got dark, another trick of light. Green bean lit up :woohoo:

MG logo projector lamps on order. :broon:

Tony ;)

Brilliant the green lights look too...........i did mine in blue...just the floor lights...........been pondering on the mg logo myself.......cant wait until you fit yours........ :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtftone

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 day ago #168220

Thanks for the comments. :broon:

I think Mickle5 is fitting some projector bulbs also.

Tony

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 17 hours ago #168240

Removed the heater resistor pack and ordered the rezpax kit, hopefully to arrive tomorrow then I can get soldering.

Ordered Philips X-treme Vision +130% H7 and 3M Headlight Lens Restoration System from PowerBulbs...entered code CODE15 and got 15% discount on the order :)

I had previously used the Megs headlight kit, but to be honest, it was crap, the 3M kit has good reviews. My lenses are OK, but when the lights are on you can see all the tiny pitting in the plastic covers. Will post pics as I go along...

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 3 hours ago #168270

I'm also taking off my stainless steel super sport exhaust and putting a standard box on partly for insurance but mostly because the sound it makes turns me into a hooligan :hgf:

Well I don't think just removing the Super Sport exhaust will save you from the temptations of hooliganism, to be truly safe from such temptations, it would be better to completely place it out of reach
So to that end, I think you'd best pack up that exhaust and send it to the other side of the world, I selflessly offer to to keep it's corrupting influence away from you by hiding it here in Australia. :lol:

Thank you for your selfless and kind offer unfortunately I couldn't get it to fit into an airmail envelope

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 1 hour ago #168275

I'm also taking off my stainless steel super sport exhaust and putting a standard box on partly for insurance but mostly because the sound it makes turns me into a hooligan :hgf:

Well I don't think just removing the Super Sport exhaust will save you from the temptations of hooliganism, to be truly safe from such temptations, it would be better to completely place it out of reach
So to that end, I think you'd best pack up that exhaust and send it to the other side of the world, I selflessly offer to to keep it's corrupting influence away from you by hiding it here in Australia. :lol:

Thank you for your selfless and kind offer unfortunately I couldn't get it to fit into an airmail envelope

Worth a try! ;)
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 11 months ago #168279

Refitted my left hand air intake scoop (though I'm not happy with the colour match so may take them both off and paint them black or dark grey).

Shortened gear lever by about 25mm.

Oil and filter change.

Fitted Pipercross panel air filter - feels quite nice!

Update: Just been for a longer run and the car is definitely driving better with the Pipercorss filter fitted. I can't put my finger on it but it pulls better and just feels smoother.
Robin ;)

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 11 months ago #168281

Got the A/C gassed.....

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 11 months ago #168301

Sanded and polished the headlight lenses. What a nightmare of a job...I've done lenses before but these are by a long mile the worst I've ever done the old lacquer coating was so hard to get off and get down to plastic... 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 2000, 2500, 3000 then whip out the rotary....then sealed them with Gtechniq C1 crystal lacquer....rock hard this stuff and has UV protection.

In total it has taken me nearly 14 hours....

My lights had pitting all over them...when you put the lights on, it looked like there was a snowstorm... they couldn't be polished as they were, so took them right back. They are now crystal clear...

Before.... they looked much worse then this, both sides in person.

Nearly finished and a quick check...perfect

Other side...

Sealed with this...

Job done...

The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, SundanceUK, Winko

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT