Sign In   Register

Topic

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 3 months ago #38401

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Well what a rather wonderful day B)
Overslept as is the norm, then trotted off to Johns, after the obligatory jump start for me and Madam ;)
Lovely day, got cut up on the M40 so waved a 2 finger salute then grinned at him as I left him standing :P
Arrived at Johns, as usual 2 dogs jumping all over me..
I left Louis at home as he did not fancy being their toy for the afternoon and quite likes his tail being attached to his butt :omg:
John then preceded to do my light covers, after removing the bolt that attaches my bumper, young John came out to help the oldies do it properly :yesnod:
Took John for a blast in Madam, plastic covering on the seat as he said omg, we were red lining but why not, slight problem I could not find second gear, or third, or any :omg:
Eventually found them and headed off home ..
Something was not right, Madam was acting as if I was riding the clutch and revs were on 7 hmmmmmm, hit a rather isolated country lane and had no traction, she would not bite, unlike her mother, and we came to a rather undignified halt, half on and half off the road...
Called the RAC whilst trying to protect Madams rear, thank goodness I had bought the European breakdown kit :broon:
Hazards on, slightly tearful, warning triangle in the road, rang bell on wall of drive I had luckily managed to coast on too ..
Well guess my guardian angel was looking after me, wonderful gent came out, coned Madam off, directed traffic, for 2 hours, bloody RAC went to Bewdley (sp) I was in Kidderminster sort of, turns out he is an actor, film tech etc and had a mint MG in his garage (see photos) which also works in films B)
He should be joining this forum as both John and I told him about it :woohoo:
Police did pass us, but never stopped, NOT impressed :evil:
John then came to rescue me and take me home, and Nick looked after her Ladyship until RAC arrived, again, with a transporter to take her to the garage, where, thanks to my OCD, new gearbox and clutch etc are in storage :yesnod:
I love my MGF and I love the friends who I have made due to her, and the wonderful people I keep meeting who also have MG's :hugs:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 3 months ago #38403

I know I have had a few drinks this evening so please tell me that you forgot to add the pictures! :-?
I haven't had that many!

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 3 months ago #38404

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 3 months ago #38405

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I know I have had a few drinks this evening so please tell me that you forgot to add the pictures! :-?
I haven't had that many!

I have had far tooooo many ;)
Hence the delay :P

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 3 months ago #38406

Sorry to hear you've had a crap day i'm sure you will get Madam sorted soon though and back on the road at least you have got the spare clutch to put in it sounds like you have a problem with the old one but i am not technical enough to say what
good luck and we will see you soon
Live life for today and worry about tomorrow when it happens !!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Red Devil

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 3 months ago #38409

I'm glad it all ended with a 'happily ever after'. :)

Finding a knight in shining armour, who is a nice gent that owns a great car.. Pure 'Karma'. :broon:

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 3 months ago #38410

Rotten luck Jan. Hope it's quickly sorted and you're back on the road soon. I know clutch wear can vary depending on driving styles, locality etc. But out of curiosity, what mileage did you get out of yours before it gave up?

Oh and great collections of photos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 3 months ago #38412

not bad for a 15 year old car while you at it jan get the selector sorted as well

but i think i know what did it

john which bolt did you remove :bust:
mad about cars and bikes :)
if it aint broke dont fix it :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 3 months ago #38417

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think she is on 86k but John will know when he recovers Rog ;)

Mark, Johns shriek of sheer terror when he realised what she could actually do, and we were only in first :bust:

To be honest I knew last year something was going hence me buying the Elise quick shift gear box, clutch (Landrovers had gone, so the guy gave me a very good deal on 2 for £90) water pump and cambelts..
Well if the engine is coming out I might as well get everything done :yesnod:
I agreed a price for cash last year, so the RAC hopefully dropped her off at Phils garage last night, after John had the joy of rescuing me and bringing me back home, so she will be back on the road next week hopefully, although her Botox and fillers are on hold till next month :( and John has talked me out of the full chrome alloys, or so he thinks ;)

When I buy a second it will be a 85th very very impressed :broon:

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 3 months ago #38426

She is in very good condition for her age (car, not Jan :lol:) The interior is fantastic and she goes like stink!!!!!!!

We had some very nice comments about our cars from passers by yesterday while I was removing the bumper, sorry I mean fitting the light covers. The gentleman who helped Jan last night was very impressed with her car too.
His MGB is concourse :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 3 months ago #38433

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
John he was a darling as were you, I have no doubt if he had not directed traffic for 2 hours Madam would be RIP

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 3 months ago #38434

Just for info:-

When I was talking to Russell he told me that it isn't necessary to drop the engine/subframe to change the clutch. :nonod:

A pm to him might give you some valuable information. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Leigh Ping

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT