Sign In   Register

Topic

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 1 month ago #44783

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Big thanks to Paul and MGR fabulous job, great customer service, and a lovely Gent who knows his stuff ..

Usually I have Madam quite low, however due to the country lanes, pot holes, speed ramps on our road ( which are quite high, private road) I had her set at the recommended ..
She looks high, but the difference is very noticeable, and surprising ..
So adrenalin pumping I took her to my mates circuit for a play..
She corners far better, although she feels heavier, it is far more controlled, I beat my own personal speed limit on her, 138mph, then I bottled it, she still had some more to give but I did not, so then we had a play at drifting, I loved it ..

Fantastic day out :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 1 month ago #44787

How are the tyres??? :P
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 1 month ago #44797

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Wearing out nicely, a few more weeks of this and I will be able to replace them :woohoo:

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 1 month ago #44807

Preferably Videos!

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 1 month ago #44810

Personally I avoid Autoglass after a similar run in with them back in the 90s. You can usually find a local small operation or one man band who is insurance cleared. The difference in service and work quality is day and night.
There was a case in France years ago where the gendarmerie finally got suspicous of the number of winfscreens shaterring on one road, and arrested the local car glazier who had been drumming up extra business with an air rifle :P . Personally I wouldnt mind, the screen on our TF has an irritating scratch where the PO was bit sloppy about changing wiper blades. I have left it as I know the day after I get it swapped a lorry will launch 1/2 a brick through it.

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 1 month ago #44833

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Rich I had my video camera running, it starts automatically when you switch the car on, however I am waiting for Rob to get back from work as I cannot open the files :oops:
I found it very useful when I went to get petrol today and accidentally found myself in Next at the sale, I turned it round so it videoed into the car and I was able to leave the roof down :yesnod:
Spirited run back home, got a bit peed off with motor bikes thinking sun gives them the right to be on the wrong side of the road when cornering dkwits.. :rant:
I then spent 4 hours detailing Madam, gold polish is fab, she looks like glass, and i am exhausted, who needs Zumba when you have an F to wash and polish, 3 hours, undid the zip on my glass screen to clean it, doh, I did not realise how heavy it is so I cannot do it up until I have a second pair of hands .. :dry:
Already in bed, early start for Abingdon tomorrow.. :yesnod:
According to Betty, our own neighborhood watch, this weather is supposed to last to well into next week ..
I hope it lasts till next Sunday when its tunnel time and Arundel castle :broon:

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 1 month ago #44972

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
What a cracking day ..
Up at 6am, yes 6am :yesnod:
Picked Suze up at 8 ..
Then hot trooted off to Abingdon ..

It was a fabulous day, excellent turn out and some lovely cars and even lovelier people .

Lovely spirited run with NO wrong directions, Suze brilliant navigator, very informative tour, we actually learnt something.. :whistle:

Well done Keith Williams for arranging it .. :broon:

Roll on Arundel and the tunnels next week.. ;)

Nearly convinced Suze to buy an MGF ;-))

Photos to follow ..

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 1 month ago #44982

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 1 month ago #44985

Madam looks fantastic! VERY shiny! I like shiny... Mmmmm
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 1 month ago #45016

Magnificent! Has Madam had a paint job or is that the result of the Gold polish...and countless hours of MGF-Zumba?

That SV makes me weak in the knees!

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 1 month ago #45025

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks guys, yes hours, around 4 of MGF zumba and the gold polish .. I can hardly move today !!!

The SV was 5ex on 4 wheels, and the little blue classic is insured for 30k !!!!

We got invited to France, 4 days of MGF's and jazz music, so as you know I soooooooo want to take her abroad, hopefully the dates will be ok, and I will put a link up on here, in case anyone is feeling adventurous and wants to join me/us, we plan to meet some people in London and go on from there, not sure if we will do the 4 days as Suze has some heavy commitments due to her work, but we will give it a go :yesnod:

I felt very proud yesterday, she had her photo taken by a lot of people, today however I am on the sunbed listening to audio books due to mu inability to move my arms, I had forgotten how 300 plus miles takes it out of you, and next week its 400 plus :broon:

The joys of owning Madam !!! 12 years 1 month ago #45193

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

I think I have got them all the right way ...

Last edit: Post by .
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT