Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car resprayed. 12 years 2 months ago #39198

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
This is certainly spreading like wildfire. Here's some of the back links to here

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=250654
http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33886
http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/110412-poor-mans-matt-wrap/page__fromsearch__1
http://www.speedsterclub.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5119&highlight=
http://www.driving-fun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25324
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Luckymarine

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car resprayed. 12 years 2 months ago #39200

LOL, I quite like it... the guy obviously doesn't take himself too seriously either, which is kinda cool... like how they gave him "the baldrick award" for his project

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Luckymarine

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 months ago #39226

How did it get onto the Dutch/German sites? Outstanding.

Its snowing a bit here today but says its going to be fine tomorrow, will clean half the car do a before and after and also a comparison between what has been cleaned and what is still dirty.

Quite a few asking questions about durability or lack of it well Im going to be running with plasti dip on around cumbria for a while and every time it comes to a wash I'll get pictures taken, if there are bits starting to come off then they will be photo'd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44, Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by Luckymarine.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 months ago #39227

Many will knock whatever you do. There's loads of critics out there who know the way but can't even drive a car. :lol:

Yes, lots of people will be watching this project for some time to come. So, keep it real and unbiased with plenty of supporting pics. :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luckymarine

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 months ago #39229

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

..Had to lol at the Z4 lad knocking the TF, yea well if we all had an extra £8000 in the bank Im sure we'd all have one! An if I had money spare I would have had it wrapped, saving money it the whole point of the thread.

Darren you are absolutely spot on, some people appear to have more money than sense. The world is full of people who appear quite sensible until they open their mouths :lol: As you point out saving money it the whole point of the thread. :yesnod:

You should be extremely proud of your efforts, it's a job well done and will inspire many people to give it a try.

Variety is the spice of life - keep up the good work :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luckymarine

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 months ago #39236

Please remember to tell Swansea of colour change or plod will be stopping you ever 10 mls
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44, Leigh Ping

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 months ago #39352

Before:

Found a bit of damage.

Wheels before:

My tools:

The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 months ago #39361

I think the washing up liquid is a particularly authentic touch. :lol: Thanks for 'keeping it real' Darren (Luckymarine). :broon: It will help others to make a better assessment on the use of this great product.

Out of interest do 'plastidip' advise on 'how to' clean their thing correctly? Or, is it just 'wash n go'?

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 months ago #39362

• Visitor
  • Visitor
That's really interesting to see, I was wondering what it would be like to wash, and what it would like after :broon:

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 months ago #39374

You cant beat lemony freshness! ha!

The plasti dip site itself doesn't really say anything about cleaning, had to look via google, the overwhelming opinion was just to use soap and water to get rid of the muck and then rinse well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 months ago #39378

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I bet you really miss the polishing, clay baring etc etc etc ;)

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 months ago #39555

Am searching around for the cable that attaches the camera to the PC, I only had it the other day! If my head wasn't screwed on I'm sure I'd lose that too. At this rate I'm going to have to clean it all over again....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT