Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 1 month ago #42840

2 coats and 10 mins later:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 1 month ago #42843

That's pretty impressive!
Would you always re-coat an entire panel if there was damage to the plasticoating, or could you just use it to 'touch in'?
David
:shrug:

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 1 month ago #42847

I have touched in the passenger door, but have re done the front bumper as a bit bubbled, I peeled that bit off and because its designed to melt the top coat and bond with it I ended up peeling a small bit off to the silver.

Would have preferred to just touch it up for now but oh well.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 1 month ago #42851

An hour or so later, 4 coats and its done.

The overspray smoked the fog lights ever so slightly which looked pretty nice, might have to mask up the surrounding area and give them a go at some point.

Anyway neglected the missus enough today....
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by Luckymarine.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 1 month ago #42852

• Squeaks
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • Loving owning a Porsche :)
Me likes that alot! :P

No Dan do not mod the Porsche :slapme:
Dan :)

:D I may not always be right..... BUT I am NEVER wrong lol :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Luckymarine

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 3 weeks ago #46148

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop
That really is amazing! I had no idea you could get such a good finish for comparatively such little time and effort. Looks great! Might try it myself sometime when I've curbed my alloys to bits :slapme:

-=Visit my Website!=-
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luckymarine

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 3 weeks ago #46236

Well its going to be at Pride of Longbridge if anyone wants a closer look.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 3 weeks ago #46238

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop

Well its going to be at Pride of Longbridge if anyone wants a closer look.

:nonod: I can't make it up there :nonod: make sure you get lots of pics though!

-=Visit my Website!=-

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 weeks ago #47418

hehe, your famous, this thread has just been posted on Seloc :)

nice job! :broon:

Might have to try that stuff to add some stripes to my MGF...

where did you get it from?

Oz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luckymarine

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 weeks ago #47419

Seloc? is that the Lotus forum thingy? its the only one that pops up.
Bloody hell I know what some Lotus drivers are like, they spend huge amounts they dont have on a car just to wrap it up in a blanket and call every other car on the road a shed. Cant see them spraying an Elise, let them go for the £1200 vinyl wrap. What do I know, I only paid £130.

Looking at my picture info off photoshop the pictures are being used everywhere, from saab forums to Alfa Romeo ones, from the UK to Germany, France, Hungary its madness and I ended up paying for membership so that my photo's wouldnt exceed the views!

I got mine from Plasti dip UK but its been out in the USA for ages so I cant imagine it being too hard to get hold of.
From what I could gather it is sold in most hardware shops over there.

Last edit: Post by Luckymarine.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 weeks ago #47430

Seloc? is that the Lotus forum thingy? its the only one that pops up.
Bloody hell I know what some Lotus drivers are like, they spend huge amounts they dont have on a car just to wrap it up in a blanket and call every other car on the road a shed. Cant see them spraying an Elise, let them go for the £1200 vinyl wrap. What do I know, I only paid £130.

Looking at my picture info off photoshop the pictures are being used everywhere, from saab forums to Alfa Romeo ones, from the UK to Germany, France, Hungary its madness and I ended up paying for membership so that my photo's wouldnt exceed the views!

I got mine from Plasti dip UK but its been out in the USA for ages so I cant imagine it being too hard to get hold of.
From what I could gather it is sold in most hardware shops over there.

you clearly dont know lotus owners ;)

pleanty of runs, excessive ammounts of track days, and our own forum racing series (lotus cup uk, lotus cup europe, and elise trophy, plus our own sprint series...)

its a very close, very active forum... lots of MGF owners on there who have MGFs as day to day cars (like myself)...

Seloc is a great place... made a huge impact on my life, and have made an insane amount of friends through the forum, both my wife and i take a very active part in :)

i think theres about 20,000 members, and normally a few hundred online at any time, with members all over the world... its an odd place, but awesome, never known another club/forum like it...

anyway... pleanty of people running £6-8k elise's on shoe string budgets, who are just passionate about mid engined light weight british sports cars with funny rattles :)

oh and the plasti-dip was discussed as ideal for race cars, or color coding vents/wheels/spoilers/splitters to try colors out and generally experiment...

seems like a great product for playing about with before deciding to make a perminant change...

how well has it held up on your wheels, any touch ups required? how hard is it to fix/touch up?

Oz.

Last edit: Post by Ozzy.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 weeks ago #47434

20k members.. Awesome. :lol:

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT