Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38735

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38747

• Visitor
  • Visitor

To the poll!!!

Done ;)

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38750

No sure if I like the matt black look or not! Would need to see it in the flesh. There was a matt black subaru/evo/gtr (can't remember which) at the Gadget Show last year and it looked awesome.
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Luckymarine

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38754

It's definately 'Marmite'. I love it myself. :)

View the Poll vote to name LuckyMarines' car here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luckymarine

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38762

now that looks nice! what is this plasti dip stuff?

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38773

Its made in the USA quite well known over there its just not crossed over the pond in large quantities.
They now have a "Plasti dip UK" which is 1 outlet where they sell a limited range but is getting more comprehensive by the week.

The product itself is a rubberised paint that sticks better to itself than it does to the paintwork.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38777

And Darren bought all of their stock. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luckymarine

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38779

An wish I had bought another 2-3 cans of black...

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38783

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Its been a while since we've given out an award.
So the first Baldrick award of the year goes to Luckymarine for this brilliant idea :broon:

Last edit: Post by psymon.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38786

Yeah! :woohoo:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38823

Omg I love it! Looks really really good :broon:

And I've been looking on the plastidip website and seen the colour options... http://www.plastidip.co.uk/eStore/index.cfm?type=Domestic_Solutions/Plastidip&stage=1

Considering I've been moaning about needing a respray for I don't know how many years, this has really got me thinking ;)

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38824

About £150 to buy enough cans to get a full respray in the yellow or whatever colour you want in matte but they are bringing out a glossifier, this goes over the matte colour and makes it gloss. Double the amount of coats double the durability probably double the cost but still way less then you'd pay for a respray.

I put mine on over the course of 3 days,
Outside
Had to contend with wind blowing dust up every now and then,
It drizzled a bit one day
It was frosty over both nights

For the finish I managed to achieve it feels like cheating....
I'm sure there with be vinyl wrappers and proper spray painters after my head soon...
The following user(s) said Thank You: fast jan, Leigh Ping

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT