Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38068

Superb results, they look really good :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38072

A great job and one that I think will be very popular with owners who want to upgrade or change the look of their wheels. Or, who just want to protect their precious alloys from the elements at a minimal cost.

Well done LuckyMarine on producing such a handy and informative guide. It's been rightfully added to three areas in the 'How to' guides section. :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luckymarine

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38083

A sneaky peek at how it looks.

Have since done the front wheel too, left the painting of the calliper till a day when its not raining.
Bit of a Dr Jekyle and Mr Hyde car at the moment, one side has the black 17's on the other side has the silver 16's on.
Was dark when I finished one side so no pictures till tomorrow.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38086

looks good Darren. :broon:
Personally I would have the rim silver but I know you're going for the 'Stealth' look.

BTW, Don't forget that socket under the back wheel! :P
David
:shrug:

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38087

Looked all over for my locking wheel nut socket before I realised where it was!!!

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38169

Looks alright so far, did the petrol cap last night and eventually used up the first can after doing all 4 wheels too. Tonight's job will be the side intakes, possibly the wing mirrors and a door handle.
Oh and I'll de badge it whilst im at it, need to refurb the badges and put the inserts in.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38172

:broon:
David
:shrug:

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38192

• Visitor
  • Visitor
It really is looking rather good :broon: I wonder if you could use the silver metallic over the cars original colour, just one or maybe two coats :-?

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38193

The less coats used the more of an epic it is to peel off apparently.

Might try that over the black matte once I fancy another change, the beauty of the product is you can put whatever colour over whatever below and just peel the whole lot off when you want to start again. You can even get a glossy look by using the "glosifier" over the matte colour.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38206

• Visitor
  • Visitor

The less coats used the more of an epic it is to peel off apparently.

Might try that over the black matte once I fancy another change, the beauty of the product is you can put whatever colour over whatever below and just peel the whole lot off when you want to start again. You can even get a glossy look by using the "glosifier" over the matte colour.

I watched one of the peel off's on youtube and I see what you mean !
However at that price if I did not get the result I wanted I could just add a couple of coats and peel it off ;)

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38212

They look fantastic Luckymarine!

The over all effect, along with the petrol cap is stunning :broon:

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38221

looks good Darren. :broon:
Personally I would have the rim silver but I know you're going for the 'Stealth' look.

BTW, Don't forget that socket under the back wheel! :P

Well spotted David :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT