Sign In   Register

Topic

MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 9 months ago #56051

Hi, just wondering how this has held up, have you had to do much touching up/respraying, also how are the wheels?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 9 months ago #59768

Hi, sorry I've not been here in a while, had 3 weeks in France/Paris and then have been stripping the engine down to get the head sorted out.

Paintwork is fine, noticed that after being stood for a month it seems to "catch" more of the dust when it rains so ends up looking a bit horrendous, a quick mop down with a bit of soapy water and all is fine again.

This will be 7 months the paint has been on and so far everything has help up pretty well, even the wheels are still looking good!

If anything the plastidip will protect the paintwork and lacquer underneath as I start to put the engine back together again.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 9 months ago #59769

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Cracking stuff I wonder if anyone will try a dash with this ?

MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 8 months ago #63960

Impressive :) out of curiosity have you been brave enough to try a jet wash on it? The ones in the petrol stations more specifically

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 8 months ago #64068

Personally I've not done it as it only takes 5 mins with a bucket of warm soapy water but when it comes to taking the stuff off I'll be testing it to destruction!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 8 months ago #64800

Cool i look forward to seeing the results :) can you remember how many cans it took to do just the body of the car?

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 8 months ago #64809

Took about 15 cans to do it all including all 4 wheels.

MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 11 years 2 months ago #102069

So...a year down the line how is this looking? (or is there another thread I missed?)

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT