Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 weeks ago #47440

• Visitor
  • Visitor
My Lotus DeCat is the mutts nuts, and I would love a Lotus as my next project, the fact that their parts can be used on our cars is a bonus, ok a few owners might look down there noses, but so what, that's life, suck it up as some would say, I personally adhere too

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 weeks ago #47447

I've never been in a lotus. Good fun are they?

It's great that the blackbird got a mention on their site though. :broon:

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 weeks ago #47465

And it is going to be in MG Enthusiast next month :woohoo: Order your copies now, its out on 18 MAY 2012 ~ so no excuses
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Leigh Ping

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 weeks ago #47491

we are all petrol heads at the end of the day :) we appreciate good projects, help if they have a k-series in them too :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 weeks ago #47496

• Visitor
  • Visitor
The magic word K series ..

I am thinking about putting the clear Plasti on to protect my front bumper, :dry:

Can you get it in shiny :-?

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 weeks ago #47500

From reading their website, there's a topcoat you can apply to change it from matt to gloss finish
Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 weeks ago #47501

i think there is also a smoked one you could put over rear lights, or side lights...

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 weeks ago #47503

• Visitor
  • Visitor

From reading their website, there's a topcoat you can apply to change it from matt to gloss finish

It seems a very cheap way to protect the front bumper without being a permanent addition :broon:

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 2 weeks ago #47512

You can also get clear vinyl wrap for stone protection but with the complex shape of the MGF bumper you would certainly need someone who knows what he/she is doing to apply it and it would cost a lot more than the Plastidip. I have done a Trophy rear spoiler in vinyl and it's not as simple as the Youtube videos make you think! :nonod:
My concerm with the clear Plastidip is the quality of finish you would get. You would have to be very careful to avoid dust or an orange peel finish as they would just make it look like a bad paint job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 1 week ago #47551

I still think that it's a brilliant idea, a T-Bar first and a great inexpensive way of changing your cars look. If it only lasted a year and you peeled it off, people would think that you'd bought another car. You might even fool yourself into thinking that you had a new paintjob, even if only for a little while. :)

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 1 week ago #47556

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Leigh it's the new paint job I want to protect :yesnod:

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 1 week ago #47575

It may be worth trying the clear on part of your old paintjob to see how it turns out.
In a matt finish the stuff looks super but a gloss finish will show up any flaws.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT