Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38564

its not my taste but hay each to there own
but would it not be better to refurb the wheels just a sand on the scrapes to finish of a good spray job

its all in the prepwork to get a good looking finish but im a bit of an profectionist

my bike wheel before painting by hand

sanded and base cote

final top coat

mad about cars and bikes :)
if it aint broke dont fix it :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38567

im a bit of an profectionist

Class. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38578

Luckymarine. I was a doubter when I first saw the wheels, but that looks absolutely amazing. :omg:

The red goes really well and i can't wait to see the chrome door handles against it too ... are you going with chrome vents as well? Only thing I would do different is to stick with silver alloys to stand out from the dark of the car, but that's just a personal taste thing.
Fantastic!! :broon: :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luckymarine

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38583

Unfortunately the wheels were already a black when I bought them, I just sanded them down a little and then painted them up.

Although there are plans afoot.....

When the gold gets stocked in the UK I'm getting sent an email to inform me.
Also getting an email when they've got the glossifier stocked.

The wheels were my first forray into the world of Plasti dip and it taught me a lot about what it can cover and what it cant. I have metal filler waiting for a time when I take the wheels off and give them a proper refurb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rog1963

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38595

Begining to look like a Stealth bomber !!! awesome :woohoo:

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38598

Ha funnily enough someone else mentioned that, Also looking at quite a dark tint for the rear window to carry on the effect.

Stealth Bomber, it has a certain ring to it...
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by Luckymarine.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38613

Stealth Bomber, it has a certain ring to it...

I like 'The Blackbird' better. :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, bryan young

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38635

Again taken via a phone just as the light was failing but gives a good impression of where Im at. Need a stanley knife blade to cut the rest of the tape off to create a smooth line.

Last edit: Post by Luckymarine.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38636

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I can't wait to see this in the flesh, it looks FAB :broon: :broon: :broon: :broon: :broon:

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38637

i've got to say that looks really good with those rear lights and the chrome bits showing. :broon: :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38638

Looking good. But, I don't think you should do your headlights. :P :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Luckymarine

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38639

By the amount of light they throw out I had to check if they had been covered already!

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT