Sign In   Register

Topic

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16054

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Hi Kara,
Really sad to read of the impending demise of this forum YOU created.I have found everyone very helpfull regarding my technical enquiries,especially David and Clive.The wealth of knowledge of the forum members will be sorely missed by myself, and I expect by many more.Please accept my thanks for the pleasure YOUR forum has given me since I joined and be assured that whatever pleasure this news gives some people,it took a strong person to stand up and be counted and go forward to create something that gave immense pleasure to other like minded people.I personally would like to wish you all the best for the future and thanks for the past.
Best regards Neil x

Wow thanks Neil, I'm really touched (& a little bit teary eyed now! :blush: )

You're quite right David and Clive have been superstars! Other forums should be greatful to have them as to me they are irreplacable & I certainly couldn't have done it without them, they really are the brains behind it all! Not to mention our very enthusiastic PR Guy Adam Elphick and the tech support I have received from Soph & Psymon... the only reason The T Bar has continued so far is due to the enthusiasm and commitment all of these guys have showed! I just layed the foundations really!

But I can't tell you how happy it makes me to think that this place has given people like yourself some good times, good advice and most importantly good fun! After all that's what it's about! And I'm so greatful for everything that each individual member on here as contributed to the forum, you all deserve a bloody huge pat on the back for being fine members of this community. :yesnod:

Sorry to hear you are closing the forum Kara but can understand your reasons. Keep in touch - I am sure you will have another MG one day;)

Oh yes, I'd like to say MG has lost it's hold over me but I always have a secret smile whenever I pass an F/TF on the road so I know I'll be flirting with them again and hopefully sooner rather than later! :chewie:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16056

good luck in the future kara -sorry to hear the forum is to close.
I found it very useful .
Have all the big names defected -aiketgate mgmad etc etc
thanks
Mike

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16057

good luck in the future kara -sorry to hear the forum is to close.
I found it very useful .
Have all the big names defected -aiketgate mgmad etc etc
thanks
Mike

Nope, I'm still here and will be answering any questions I can until I'm dragged away from my keyboard:yesnod:

I'm hoping for a white knight to ride up and save us all!:lol:

If the worst does come to pass, I will still be happy and willing to answer queries; and to those who don't want to use mgrover.org, you can contact me via the Border Patrol page , or directly to me , on Facebook.
David Fisher
David
:shrug:

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16058

I am greatly saddened to read this - have you considered passing her on? Whats involved?

This is by far my favorite "F" forum of which several I belong to and the one I'll visit if I'm short on time. I'm not going to let it go if I can help.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16060

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I think a forum is defined by all of it's members, and I think you should all be proud of the last year, whether you have posted once, or one hundred times.

I would jump at the chance of owning the site, but time is one thing I don't have too much of and it would be unfair for me to take it on.

As David says, if the worst happens and any of you want to keep in touch you can find some of us on the Border Patrol Facebook site.

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16061

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

I am greatly saddened to read this - have you considered passing her on? Whats involved?

This is by far my favorite "F" forum of which several I belong to and the one I'll visit if I'm short on time. I'm not going to let it go if I can help.

It's a small monthly sum and the time to oversee it's running really.

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16063

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Kara

So sad to hear of this but I can understand your reasons. I guess we find it difficult to spend the time on here that we would like to. It must be so much more time consuming for you.
I wish you all the very best for the future and thank you for the happy hours I have enjoyed here.

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16064

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Kara

Can't believe you're apologising for letting us down! Without your efforts I wouldn't have had such a welcoming alternative when I got fed up with the other side.

Thanks for everything, and best wishes for the future wherever it takes you.

Mel

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16065

I feel really sad - after all the effort we seem to be failing like so many smaller forums. Why don't we just transfer all this over to our Facebook page to continue it and then re-route the forum domain to there? That way we can keep goign with the minimum of effort until such time as we feel we can get going again!

I still think we should go for club status - there's enough of us to be counted as a club after all! We could run the club on a Facebook page and a quarterly 'e-zine' maybe to start with..... what does everyone think about trying to make The T Bar continue in some way? I for one don't want to be stuck with just one option for an MGF/TF forum again!

Oh and certainly none of us have any bad feelings towards you Kara - without you we wouldn't have this forum in the first place!

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16069

Kara,
It is with sadness to read of the closing but the numbers don't lie. I thank
you for the time and effort that you have put into The T Bar forum and hope
that you pop up on one of the many forums I frequent as you always made your
comments relevant and fun. The T Bar sticker will stay on my F so many happy
and safe hours of motoring.
Regards and all the best
Andrew

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16070

It's a small monthly sum and the time to oversee it's running really.

How much time?

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16071

I am well into the post B MG scene having owned or still owning MG metro's montego's, metro's, F, ZR and ZS.

I belong to most of the relavant MG forums (all that I have found) and some of the Rover ones as well.

Of all of them my favorites are triple M, ZScentral and the T-bar. All 3 of them are much smaller than the others, sometimes with no new posts when I visit but that is a bonus, quantity is not quality! The experts and more passonate owners can be found on these forums as well.

The alternatives for the F are .org, a place I've always found too young and the Register which is far too formal for me.

I'm not keen on using facebook for keeping in touch instead of a proper forum, it's like going back to the dark ages of the bulliten board when you recived all the messeges by email.

I feel at home, I don't want to move out!

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT