Sign In   Register

Topic

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16255

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Just to add my thoughts. Some of my comments may have been misconstrued as being negative on org, but they were not meant to be. I stated my sorrow at the (at the time) demise, and then some personal thoughts on why I myself didn't use it as much as I could have. To be honest, most of the life of the t-bar was when my F was up on axle stands rusting and withering away, so my entire enthusiasm for the car and the whole scene was pretty much obliterated for a time (i missed all the local MGOC club meets etc despite being a regular before it all happened). My post count is a testament to that, althoguh there were few other things too, but had I been in full MGF mode, they probably wouldn't have bothered me , in retrospect

I am happy it will be taken over and, I am also happy to offer any help, especially in any regional issues. I been responsible for setting up a forum for the local MGOC etc , which also started off with gusto and was really good for local banter, but then faded away to hardly any posts (although to be honest a lot of the MGOC are "older" and freely admitted to not really being down with the whole t'internet web spider thing LOL),a nd some key posters leaving the marque etc. That's why I tried to suggest reasons why t-bar postings may have declined, as I have had personal experience of the same thing happening. It doesn't help being so far away from everyone and watching you all have big meets etc lol, but I am happy to try and help drum up a local following as there are loads of local modded Fs/TFs I see driving about who are not obviously even on .org! I do offer a local hydragas pump and OBD/EKA code reading/key fob programmign service etc, so once I get the word out, I should meet lots of new faces hopefully. One of .orgs major shortcomings is its serious lack of Scottish action, although that was mainly historical due to some issues with the mods/admin in the past turning people away and more or less resulting in the ZR site, which is now very successful.

Thanks also to Kara for starting it. We had our occasional disagreement on .org, (the joys of text based discussions) and we had our occasional virtual hugs on the same site, but that's what makes us MG folks such a good community. We can argue and debate and discuss but we all share the same thing and we can all be best of buds too. Thats what real friends do.

Just my rather late 2 cents.

Good luck for the future

Please Log in to join the conversation.

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16258

Better late than never as they say and thankyou Broon :)
Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16269

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Broon is in da house. :)

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16281

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Broon, Broon shake the room!

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16300

Nice to hear from you, Broonie. Some really positive vibes there.:yesnod:
I've got to say I love reading about your family in the Sunday Post.:lol:
David
:shrug:

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16354

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Nice to hear from you, Broonie. Some really positive vibes there.:yesnod:
I've got to say I love reading about your family in the Sunday Post.:lol:

I cant do anything wihtout it appearing in the Sunday papers. Its no fun ;)

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16361

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
It must be a pain being famous. ;)

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16376

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Just catching up with what is happening, great stuff. Hope all goes well and good luck.

Stu

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16377

I like this forum really. Ok Kara doesnt have time, maybe someon else can help. I can also help. It has very good taste in aesthetic nice tools and nice atmosphere. Keep the forum please!!!
Greetings from Greece

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16378

I like this forum really. Ok Kara doesnt have time, maybe someon else can help. I can also help. It has very good taste in aesthetic nice tools and nice atmosphere. Keep the forum please!!!
Greetings from Greece

Don't worry Alex.
It's all under control.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16381

Thankyou Stu and of course without our members this wouldnt be possible, so keep it up :)
Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 6 months ago #16995

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Hi guys!

Apologies for the delay of an update! The first week in my new job is done & dusted now and what a great week it was!!! Can't believe I've found a job I love! WOOHOO!!!! :chewie: :chewie: :chewie:

Anyway my ranting aside, I'd like to announce that after deciding to retire from forum ownership I have chosen my successor, the decision was not made lightly and indeed any one of the people who expressed their interest I would have been delighted to pass the torch to as I know the forum would be in safe hands! Therefore if you do not already know the forum owner will be run by the very talented Simon (Psymon) and the existing mod/admin team have very kindly offered to remain in place and continue supporting the forum! Simon has some fantastic ideas for the forum which I'm sure he will put to you all and myself and the team will be there to support him and ensure he keeps his promise to always act in the best interests of the forum and its members. I have to say that I have complete and utter faith in Simon, Clive, David, Soph, Adam, and Teri's ability to keep The-T-Bar going from strength to strength! Not to mention a couple of new mods that I'm sure you will be hearing about shortly and who again I am happy to support and recommend to you all! :)

The official handover will be on our one year anniversary or should I say Halloween! [ATTACH=CONFIG]465[/ATTACH]

On a personal note, I'd like to thank you all for your kind comments and best wishes, they mean so much to me and whilst I shall be thanking you all in a slighter longer possible drunken speech on Halloween I would just like to say for now that is has been an absolute pleasure to be owner and founder of The-T-Bar and I thank you all for the lifelong memories you have given me. :grouphug:

Now if you have any questions, comments, etc. then please feel free to post them up here or PM me, The-T-Bar has always prided itself in open, honest communication and that will never end!

I also hope you will join me in welcoming our new forum owner and thanking the existing team who without which we would not have such a fanastic forum! Let us celebrate this new and exciting era for The-T-Bar!!!

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::partyhat1::partyhat1::partyhat1::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT