Sign In   Register

Topic

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16097

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
P.S Why don't we have a sleeping smiley? I thought we did? Oh well I'll add it to the to do list :faint: ...that'll do for now!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16100

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
:sleep:

unless you want a conversation with a raving lunatic

Wouldn't be the first time. ;)

Sleep tight. :sleep:

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16101

i read the email about this and we genuinely quite sad

when the T bar was at its hight it was a great chat room for alternative ideas and i've met a few good friends and one very good friend (chris i hope the war wounds are healing well!)

evan with the forums decline and possible? death however im quietly smug

certain new names and threads have been croppng up on the other site which have made me chukle

mainly because the old gaurd are allowing new thoughts and ideas to be discussed without know it all answers and cries of it can't be done

the result is T-series... V-TEC... and evan Subaru Boxer engine conversions being tried as well as mad mods and evan madder new faces on the F/TF scene and i for one would like to think thats partially due to the realization the t bar gave us that alternative ideas are allowed

so i'll say a very fond farewell to everyone on here especially those who don't return to mg-rover.org, The SWMGF, the-mg-zr.co.uk and the other places im active, im also to be found under Adam Bainbridge on facebook (evan though i can barly work it lol)

keep in touch guys!

Adam-MGTF/MGZR
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16103

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi guys, I'm new to both MG ownership and the forum but if there's anything I can do to help to keep the forum going then let me know. With a two year old and another on the way, together with my new job, I'm not over-endowed with time but will happily contribute to the running costs and stick my oar in as and when required.
I'll even admit to being an IT techie but I'm in server hardware pre-sales so unless we need more kit to host on then I'm not much use.

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16104

Just picked up the email - sorry to hear about the decision Kara.

From the posts above I get the feeling something is afoot - will be watching this space (so long as it's not FB..!!)

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16107

So what does this place need to stop it closing?
Maybe between us all we can take over from Kara?

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16108

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Hopefully the site won't be going anywhere, so hold off on the goodbyes for the moment.

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16109

So what does this place need to stop it closing?
Maybe between us all we can take over from Kara?

As I posted earlier, things may not be as dark as this thread's title might indicate.

Unfortunately, we must all wait for a while before things will become clearer.
David
:shrug:

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16112

Oh gawd, your not letting Clive be in charge are you? :lol:

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16113

No much worse than that Andy..............

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16116

As I posted earlier, things may not be as dark as this thread's title might indicate.

Unfortunately, we must all wait for a while before things will become clearer.

David, i am watching this space, i have read all of the replies so far and agree with all that has been said, it would be such a shame for the site to close because it is more superior to the others! and so much work has been put in by a few dedicated members, including Kara ~ It must Stay!!! surely the running costs issue can be overcome with a small subscription, and there must be someone with the IT skills to take it on????? i will keep watching and watching ~ i was a 6'2' 25 year old Ski instructor in a former life!!!!!!

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16117

I'm sad to see this forum close.
I only found the forum by chance but is so full of usefull info thats clear and easy to follow.
If it does close it will be missed.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT