Sign In   Register

Topic

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16119

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Morning all!

Have just had a chance to catch up with the posts after yesterday and blimey you've all been busy! :lol:

First, let me say on a personal note a huge thank you to all of you who have wished me well, I'm so greatful to know such kind & caring people and please also accept my best wishes! :grouphug:

I've got some good news which I hope you will be happy to hear! I've decided based on your responses that whilst there is one single member left on here that we can help & give a voice to the forum should not close. Now this decision can only be made thanks to the support and enthusiasm we have received by all of you and also by a certain few people that have offered to take the forum over! It still surprises me how community minded we are even at the end and I think it is that which will saves us and also which separates us from places like Tescos! :lol:

I've PM'd all of you that are interested and hope you get back to me shortly. To the rest of you I say thank you and do not despair! Let us focus on quality not quantity, community not enmity, uniqueness not as a weakness, and above all survival without rival! These are the qualities that The-T-Bar represents and what sets us apart, the very fact that we hold these things more valuable than any amount of advertising is what will save us!

Now before I rant anymore I'm off to tescos to get some breakfast! But I'm gonna stop off at my local grocers on the way back! One, because I need some vegetables for the lizards and two, because I like being part of my local community! :woohoo:

Kara x

P.S. And for any other forums that this post gets reproduced on don't forget to post this link:
...aah nothing beats the inspirational soft rock of Bon Jov! :rofl:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16123

:elephunk::chewie::bunnydance: Had to use ALL the dancing smilies.......... Nice one hunnie, glad you are keeping the T Bar open.... But you do know that we would not have given up without a fight dont you???
Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16125

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
LOL must admit I've been very surprised by the reaction... guess I didn't take into account the good ol' MG fighting spirit! [ATTACH=CONFIG]456[/ATTACH]

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16126

Well with that all being sorted out, dont you think we need to start thinking about our 1st birthday celebrations now?????
Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16128

Well with that all being sorted out, dont you think we need to start thinking about our 1st birthday celebrations now?????

Typical me!! I come on to say how sorry I am, an I deserve a slap on the ass for not being around (fit blondes females only please) an its all changed

Arrrrrrrr stuff it I'll say it anyway, I've enjoyed both forums for different reasons but have to say I never got shot down for some of my mad creations on here, so its been a pleasure thanks Kara

Hmmm now the next bit

Wooow great to see you fighting back, I promise to be here more to help with the how do I bodge it bits

PS the fit blonde female might have to be blind too :)
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16130

Typical me!! I come on to say how sorry I am, an I deserve a slap on the ass for not being around (fit blondes females only please) an its all changed

Arrrrrrrr stuff it I'll say it anyway, I've enjoyed both forums for different reasons but have to say I never got shot down for some of my mad creations on here, so its been a pleasure thanks Kara

Hmmm now the next bit

Wooow great to see you fighting back, I promise to be here more to help with the how do I bodge it bits

PS the fit blonde female might have to be blind too :)

I think a 'Jon goes crazy again' section might be a goer.:lol:

p.s. I'm blonde and reasonably fit.:dunno:
David
:shrug:

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16132

Let's see if we can make this the side for interesting mods and track days ?
T bar trackdays sounds good to me, they aren't too expensive on the smaller tracks if we can get 10 of us together...

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16135

Let's see if we can make this the side for interesting mods and track days ?
T bar trackdays sounds good to me, they aren't too expensive on the smaller tracks if we can get 10 of us together...

I know I'm label as the bodging nutter with the mad ugly motor, but I really need a V8 in it...lol you could help build that one.....lol
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16139

Kara
That's really bad!
I'm such sorry about that! I hope to meet all of you again somohow. Thanks for your efforts!
Just a little observation on your italian statement below.
The right one is: E' meglio vivere un giorno da leone che cent'anni da cogl@@@@!! It doesn't change the meaning but the claim is more outspoken!
Best regards
Massimo

P.S. I'm sure that news of The-T-Bar's closure will be delightful for certain members of another forum and I have one thing to say to those people: E' meglio vivere un giorno da leone che cent'anni da pecora. (It is better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep.)

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16140

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Kara
That's really bad!
I'm such sorry about that! I hope to meet all of you again somohow. Thanks for your efforts!
Just a little observation on your italian statement below.
The right one is: E' meglio vivere un giorno da leone che cent'anni da cogl@@@@!! It doesn't change the meaning but the claim is more outspoken!
Best regards
Massimo

lol I'm going to have to blame wikipedia for that one! :lol:

With regards to the future of the forum, I will be making a general announcement tomorrow. :)

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16146

• Visitor
  • Visitor

I'll second this. Not been to any meets with the Blue Meanie yet but have got a day pass already lined up with Mrs. H.

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16155

Now I feel really bad..... I picked up Kara's email this morning, just before I started decorating the final room in Carole and my house, and now come on here only to find things have apparently been sorted, just before I got my armour out of the cupboard and borrowed a white horse!

I personally have no idea what it takes to run the forum, but I do have some spare time, I am not poor, but not filthy rich so I was going to volunteer to assist in anyway I can. If it's not too late to help, count me in!

Kara, you're a star in many ways, if you feel the time is right to take a back seat like most of us on here have for sometime then go for it. but it seems apparent that many on here don't want the T Bar to die. Thanks hun for all you have done in setting it up, and don't go away totally.
We all love you far too much.

I often think the mark of a good organisation is to be able to let people in positions walk away when they feel the time is right, and for someone else to take up the reins.
Older but certainly not wiser!

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT