Sign In   Register

Topic

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16172

First chance I've had to reply to the email. From the replies Ive read it's looking like good news. I'm very pleased! Just need some more time in the day and a TF again and I can join in all your fun.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16176

I know I'm label as the bodging nutter with the mad ugly motor, but I really need a V8 in it...lol you could help build that one.....lol

There is a V8 that would probably fit... Audi with the A4 box with the engine behind the seats and the box hanging out the back. The shafts on the A4 box are close to the bellhousing so it may work. It's been squeezed into a MK1 MR2 so it's possible....

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16180

There is a V8 that would probably fit... Audi with the A4 box with the engine behind the seats and the box hanging out the back. The shafts on the A4 box are close to the bellhousing so it may work. It's been squeezed into a MK1 MR2 so it's possible....

Look Andy, don't encourage him... He's crazy enough as it is.:lol::lol:
David
:shrug:

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16195

I am seriously relieved that survival looks on the cards , this forum is too good to lose!!
Kara - A huge thank you for getting us this far, I cant credit you enough for what you have done. Good luck , and dont be a stranger.
Chris

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16205

The forum will continue, don't worry!
David

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16207

Hi there Kara. I am so sorry to hear the Tbar is to close it is without doubt the best thing I have joined for many a year.The help I have received from fellow members is beyond question,I have loved reading the threads most days (most enjoyable) .I have been involved in many clubs over the years & know the amount of time & effort involved , now retired I still could not find time & effort to run something like this.I did think that some time we might get together for a club meeting sadly not to be .I wish you well in the future & thank you once more for the pleasure I have had being a member, also thank the members for the help they have given me .A very sad day indeed

All the very best RON MITCHELL (MGF04RON & proud to be ).:bye::bye:

P/s should anyone take over count me in:hurray:

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16208

As David said above, the forum will continue :)
Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16211

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Wow - I was really upset that this great forum was looking like it was going to close. :cry:

I can't tell you how happy I am that didaster has been averted :woohoo:

If it hadn't been for all the great advice I have had from this site my recently purchased 1st sportscar would still have it's original 13 year old OEM look instead I have been converted to the 'darkside' :jedifight:

Hence....

Lexus rear lights
Clear front indicators
Clear side indicators with chrome trims
Polished fuel filler surround
Wind deflector
New T-Bar with speakers
Leather arm rest and steering wheel
Polished seat belt escutchions and seatbelt guides
Chrome ashtray and lighter
Fixed instrument lights
replaced heater resistor pack
HRW switch and relay installed
Kenwood ICE hed unit

and.....

4 11 spoke alloys, awaiting tyres
AP Racing brake calipers which I am half way through reconditioning and repainting

I had NEVER touched any previous car I had owned apart from topping up fluids and replacing bulbs and it was solely because of all the help and encouragment on this forum that I have got this far in such a short time.

So a massive thankyou to everyone who has contributed to this excellent forum :thanks:

Also, I would definately be up for some track days :whee:

I would love to meet up with other members - anyone within striking distance of St Albans?

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16214

That's great! It's nice to hear such positive feedback.

Now post some photos.:yesnod:
David

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16217

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

I had NEVER touched any previous car I had owned apart from topping up fluids and replacing bulbs and it was solely because of all the help and encouragment on this forum that I have got this far in such a short time.

So a massive thankyou to everyone who has contributed to this excellent forum :thanks:

You do realise, now that you have proved yourself, the torch is now passed to you to go off into the big bad world and encourage others to do the same. :)

Glad the site has helped so much.

Good to hear positive feedback.

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16227

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX

Wow - I was really upset that this great forum was looking like it was going to close. :cry:

I can't tell you how happy I am that didaster has been averted :woohoo:

If it hadn't been for all the great advice I have had from this site my recently purchased 1st sportscar would still have it's original 13 year old OEM look instead I have been converted to the 'darkside' :jedifight:

Hence....

Lexus rear lights
Clear front indicators
Clear side indicators with chrome trims
Polished fuel filler surround
Wind deflector
New T-Bar with speakers
Leather arm rest and steering wheel
Polished seat belt escutchions and seatbelt guides
Chrome ashtray and lighter
Fixed instrument lights
replaced heater resistor pack
HRW switch and relay installed
Kenwood ICE hed unit

and.....

4 11 spoke alloys, awaiting tyres
AP Racing brake calipers which I am half way through reconditioning and repainting

Also, I would definately be up for some track days :whee:

I would love to meet up with other members - anyone within striking distance of St Albans?

Thats a great list of mods, I'm going the other way turning everything chrome to black.
As David said we need pictures

***The-T-Bar Forum Nearly Closes but now Lives On!!!*** 13 years 7 months ago #16239

Good to hear the forum is not closing :thumbsup:
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT