Sign In   Register

Topic

Interrogating Lucas 5AS 1 year 3 months ago #200907

Note that you can do remapping of engine ecu at people like KMaps or SAWS tuning. In that case you will have engine ecu with erased need for pairing to alarm ecu. Then you can disable alarm ecu by pulling out the fuse of Lucas system and alarm system will be disabled - but also central locking will be disabled as well, so no use of fob will be present. You will not have passive immobilisation any more as well.
How your insurance will react in this case is up to you and your insurance.

Is this true for just MEMS3 or MEMS1.9 as well, that the alarm system can be disabled by pulling the fuse of the Lucas system? I would like to disable the passive immobilisation system in my 1995 F.
Mark
95 MGF

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Interrogating Lucas 5AS 1 year 3 months ago #200908

Note that you can do remapping of engine ecu at people like KMaps or SAWS tuning. In that case you will have engine ecu with erased need for pairing to alarm ecu. Then you can disable alarm ecu by pulling out the fuse of Lucas system and alarm system will be disabled - but also central locking will be disabled as well, so no use of fob will be present. You will not have passive immobilisation any more as well.
How your insurance will react in this case is up to you and your insurance.

Is this true for just MEMS3 or MEMS1.9 as well, that the alarm system can be disabled by pulling the fuse of the Lucas system? I would like to disable the passive immobilisation system in my 1995 F.

As I said in the begining of that post: you need to have engine ECU which have removed need for pairing with alarm ECU. If you have this removed, you do not have passive immobilization any more and in that case you do not need to disable alarm ECU.

It can be done on MEMS 1.9 but it needs to be done by removing chip from ECU and reprogramming it and put it back.

Interrogating Lucas 5AS 1 year 3 months ago #200910

you can also do it with a Simtek as shown in this video

Interrogating Lucas 5AS 1 year 3 months ago #200912

Thank you for pointing me in that direction.
Grief, how many MBs?
On our internet speed here it would take all day. Somehow I think I’ll have to travel hopefully and rely on some interpretation of the later diagrams.
It would be nice though.

Interrogating Lucas 5AS 1 year 3 months ago #200916

I thought I had replied to this, but perhaps not. Thank you for pointing me to the other area.
The second download section has downloads of many megabytes that would take me all day to download here at home.
There must be another source or way to get a wiring diagram for a 2002/2003 TF.
I suspect I’ll have to live with the later version.

Interrogating Lucas 5AS 1 year 3 months ago #200917

Whereabouts are you? It shouldn't take long to download the RAVE B archive over broadband. It took just over 2 minutes for me although my broadband is quite fast (35Mbps). If you are in the UK, I don't mind burning it onto a CD and posting it to you for a pint. Send me a private message.

Interrogating Lucas 5AS 1 year 3 months ago #200919

Ok, downloaded using a different PC on a quiet day for the area. However, could not open a bloomin thing kept getting an error message "something went wrong".
I guess I'll live in ignorance. All I wanted was the wiring diagram. I have a copy of the WS manual although that is not the best presentation of how to do things in my view as it keeps referring to another section.

But thanks for the offer of help. I'll see if I can get a copy from the web somehow.

Interrogating Lucas 5AS 1 year 3 months ago #200920

No, having downloaded it and extracted the archive into its own directory, it doesn't work for me either.

I'm using Windows 10 Professional 64bit.

I try to run tdata.exe and all that happens is I get a quick flash of an ancient Acrobat Reader screen pop-up and that's it. I cannot open any of the .pdf files either using Acrobat Reader version 2022.003.20282 ¦64-bit.

The README file mentions an error MULTIUSER SECURITY HANDLER EXPIRED means you should reset your clock but I don't see this error and I'm not sure that you can change the clock on a PC these days anyway.

Interrogating Lucas 5AS 1 year 3 months ago #200921

Have you tried to apply any of two proposed methods here: https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/54-how-tos/98235-rave-disc in order to make it work on Windows 10 or 11?

I also did not have any problems changing time and date on PC on which I am admin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BruceTF135

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

Interrogating Lucas 5AS 1 year 3 months ago #200922

Have you tried to apply any of two proposed methods here: https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/54-how-tos/98235-rave-disc in order to make it work on Windows 10 or 11?

I also did not have any problems changing time and date on PC on which I am admin.

Yes, deleting those 2 folders in the Acrobat4 folder sorted the problem out. When I started up by running TData.exe, I was asked to accept the Adobe conditions and then it opened up with the splash screen

Then everything seems to work well.

Thank you for the solution. Would it be possible to include this in the README file in the download zip file?

@Delbourt, here you go :-)
Attachments:

Interrogating Lucas 5AS 1 year 3 months ago #200923

BTW, You are also right about the date. Mine was set to maintain the time and date automatically. There is an option to go manual and change the date.

However, I'd prefer not to do that on my office PC as I'm not sure what the implications might be for other important stuff I am using/doing.

Interrogating Lucas 5AS 3 months 3 weeks ago #205311

pscan is reverse engineered from the factory MG Rover diagnostic tool (T4). I can only implement features in pscan that MG Rover put into the T4.

That's so cool Pscan!. Reverse Engineering computer firmware to help monitor and control our practical engineering projects. Real IT!
Thanks

PS. I understand T4 can disable the 5AS system. ;)

Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT