Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Rave Disc 1 year 5 months ago #200220

Hi, Do any computer wizards out there know how to get a genuine Xpart Rover 75 Rave disc to work on a windows 11 laptop. It attempts to open Acrobat Reader 4.0 then just dies. I've tried downloading later versions of Acrobat Reader but it still wont work. Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Rave Disc 1 year 5 months ago #200224

Hi . A forum member called Roverlike came to my rescue . You have to copy the entire disc to a memory stick. Then if my memory serves, you remove the disc and open the memory stick . There are two folders called Cmap and font these need to be deleted before you can read the contents . Roverlike will most likely correct me on the finer details as he's a wizard with this sort of stuff . I struggled to do it but eventually the fog in my ageing brain cleared and I managed it but , not without Roverlike's help . :nonod: :nonod: :woowoo:
John
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roverlike

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Missed a bit

Rave Disc 1 year 5 months ago #200225

Can you try to do following from below and see if that will enable you to start Rave?

Locate and open the 'Acrobat4' folder.

Open the 'Resource' folder.

Delete the folders 'CMap' and 'Font' or rename them

Rave will now open and run, you may get a warning of missing fonts but it doesn't seem to cause any issues.
__________________________________________________________________________________
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, Andy55

Rave Disc 1 year 5 months ago #200226

Thanks for the info, will give it a go this evening and let you know how I get on.

Rave Disc 1 year 5 months ago #200241

Can you try to do following from below and see if that will enable you to start Rave?

Locate and open the 'Acrobat4' folder.

Open the 'Resource' folder.

Delete the folders 'CMap' and 'Font' or rename them

Hi Roverlike. I'm struggling a bit with this. Have tried copying the CD to a USB stick & the hardrive but just end up with a long list of files with Acrobat4 at the top, have also tried deleting and renaming the CMap & Font files.
There's no Rave desktop icon so not sure how I start it, I just get 'we cant open this file' on any individual file I click on. Autoplay is on.
Is it because I'm using windows 11 or should I download a version of Acrobat that Windows 11 works with?

Any further help would be appricated.

Thanks
Andy

Rave will now open and run, you may get a warning of missing fonts but it doesn't seem to cause any issues.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Rave Disc 1 year 5 months ago #200242

All sorted, this worked a treat

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/Running%20RAVE%20under%20Win10%20(9).pdf

Rave Disc 1 year 5 months ago #200243

In attachment is another possibilty how to try to start the Rave.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, sworkscooper

Rave Disc 1 year 5 months ago #200268

Yes Roverlike, thats the one i tried but failed to put a link to in the previous post. It works a treat! Thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT