Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Pektron autolock disable 4 years 4 weeks ago #192893

Hi,
Just wondering if pscan can remove the autolock on zr/zs pektron cars that occurs when the vehicle is moving?

Thanks,
Danny

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Pektron autolock disable 4 years 3 weeks ago #192942

We will look into it.

Pektron autolock disable 2 years 1 week ago #198947

Hi, I am thinking about a pscan so I can program a couple of extra fobs and get my own EKA (MGZR 2005). I Would also like to disable the auto lock as my internal unlock button doesn’t work and I can not find the fault. So to unlock, I have to switch the ignition off which is a pain.

So can you let me know if pscan can disable the autolock central locking. That probably makes my mind up to buy one rather than have than just have the fobs done by somebody else.

Many Thanks

Pektron autolock disable 2 years 1 week ago #198953

Hi . If I can just jump in here . For Pscan to program fobs , you will need to have the bar code that came with the fob . If however you intend to buy a pair of new fobs , then the bar code will come with them . Don't buy a second hand fob without the code as Pscan will not help . If you send your Pectron unit to Technozen ( Paul Brown ) I believe he can work his magic on fobs without the code but you would be best contacting him first to ask .
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: PXMGZR

Pektron autolock disable 2 years 6 days ago #198954

pscan can't disable the autolock feature at this time

Pektron autolock disable 2 years 6 days ago #198955

If you send your Pectron unit to Technozen ( Paul Brown ) I believe he can work his magic on fobs without the code but you would be best contacting him first to ask .
John

Paul cannot code any second hand Pektron fob to any Pektron SCU. What he can do is copy memory of existing SCU to another SCU and existing fobs will work on new SCU unit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, PXMGZR

Pektron autolock disable 2 years 5 days ago #198958

This Pektron security problem looks a total pain in the arse, I think it's time to look at some ways of bypassing this electronic rubbish as it would appear to be lingering long past it useby date. I recently by passed Ford's similar "Smartlock"system on my ute. I my case it was as simple as by passing two wires.

I know that there will be cries of "what about the insurance companies?" If you don't tell 'em how would they know? They won't be looking that close.If they wanna stiff you outta a payout they'll just do it anyway using fine print and legalese, just like they've always dome to shirk their financial responsibility!
They're not going to unpick the wiring loom
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Pektron autolock disable 2 years 5 days ago #198959

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/
Attachments:

Pektron autolock disable 2 years 5 days ago #198961

In theory, the pektron system could be replaced with the earlier model' s parts but in practice, there are a lot of wiring loom changes needed. Somewhere there will be a digital signal to the ecu that tells it to start the engine. Copying that might be possible using a logic analyser, as long as it always sends the same instruction. I do not expect the code hopping to occur here but until I get my mitts on aTF to hack into, I won't know if it can be done.

Pektron autolock disable 2 years 2 days ago #198969

Invalid or non-existent item ID.Thanks, thats good advice. There is lots of great advice on here including making sure the are 433Mhz with the 22 digit code, its great that people share the information. I have seen a number of after market fobs of varying prices £15-£45 with original ones at £65-£90. Has any one used the cheaper after market ones ? Do they work ok ?

The car its self is probably only worth £700 so wanted not to spend to much on the fobs. I know that sounds a bit daft considering the software is £160, but at least I would have he PScan to use looking at other things on the car and or other cars in the future

Any thoughts on fobs would be great..

NEW AfterMarket MG Rover 3 Button REMOTE FOBS - For MG TF ZR ZS 25/45/Streetwise
Buy It Now

Pektron autolock disable 2 years 2 days ago #198970

Ok thanks. It seems I have got it working now anyhow. After stripping it all down testing all the wring and putting it all back together for second time. Maybe it was just a high resistance connection issue or some gremlin waiting to return.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Pektron autolock disable 2 years 1 day ago #198980

The code that the Pektron sends to the engine ECU is in the same format as that sent by the older 5AS system, and it can be faked with a Simtek unit.

There is a video about that here

However the Pektron does also do other things to immobilise the car, like controlling the fuel pump I think.

Also many of the other systems of the car are controlled by the Pektron.

To be honest they aren't that bad, and at least can be cheaply repaired by Paul if they do go wrong. It could honestly be a lot worse.

I probably have the capabilities to remove it from my Rover 25 but I think it's just easier to leave it as it is.

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 1.869 seconds