Sign In   Register

Topic

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 4 years 4 months ago #192031

Hi,
I would like to examine the Alarm/ Immobiliser status and retrieve the EKA. I am nervous about proceeding with no actual guide.
Looking through the tree, it confirms Correct EMS code received (Immobiliser must be disarmed)
I am then told to remove key before closing doors to avoid locking the keys inside the vehicle.
As I am sitting in the car with laptop in hand, I am wondering exactly why?
Is this to do with the Fob?
Should I wind the window down and throw the keys a safe distance?
There was also a message about the door periodically locking?
Is this during the testing procedure or randomly after I have finished? (I know if you unlock with the Fob and don't open the doors there is an automatic lock function )

The other Menu option is learn EMS Code. Is this for PSCAN to find the code from a key or to programme the Pektron system for a new key?

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 4 years 4 months ago #192133

There are options to actuate the central door locking motors.
There are scenarios where someone might use such a feature causing the doors to become locked.
It might be that a door is open when you do this and then when you close the door the doors are locked and your keys are inside.

It is just a warning. Feel free to ignore it if you wish.

The EMS code is the code that links the Pektron to the engine ECU.

If you change the EMS code then the engine will not start because the EMS code that it is expecting has been changed.

You can then correct this by logging into the engine ECU and using the "learn EMS" so that the new code from the Pektron is then accepted and the engine will start.

Apologies for the slow response.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nik P

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 4 years 4 months ago #192134

I suppose that I should rephrase the warning.
When it says "remove the key before closing the door" it would be more accurate if it said "remove the key before getting out and closing the door" or something like that.
It is to stop you locking yourself out of the car. Clearly if you are sitting in the car then that isn't a risk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nik P

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 10 months ago #196134

Hi All. I came upon this by accident.
I too have a SAIC TF135 and using PScan I can get the correct EKA code - but there's no way I can make it work.
There isn't any reference to EKA code in the Owners Manual and I 'heard' that it doesn't work on SAIC TFs so why does the scu/ecu log it?
Has anyone on this forum actually got EKA to work on the Chinese variants?

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 10 months ago #196135

Hi Chris,

When I sent my SAIC Pektron box to Technozen for upgraded relays he pulled an EKA code out of it for me., So yes , they do have one, however I tried to see if it worked but failed and after 2 goes gave up. 

Cheers  Mark

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 10 months ago #196136

Please do two things:-
1. Log into the Pektron and look at the live data.  Check that the key switch inputs are actually picking up the key locking and unlocking the door.
You can unimmobilise the Pektron and then log in with pscan, I think that the live data will continue to display on the screen even with the key removed as you will need the key to exercise the door lock.
2. Watch this video as there is a process for entering the EKA in the video

Let me know if that helps.

If someone wants to bring a SAIC TF to Ruislip I am happy to try it out and compare with my Pektron equipped Rover 25.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArntyR

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 10 months ago #196145

Yep, markvrs, I did the Technozen thing too for my EKA - and I remember you pointed out to me that there was no mention of EKA in the Owner's Manual.

Worth a try Pscan. I gotta reload win10 and Pscan into my lap-top after blue screen first, tho. I have a spare key so ign key won't need to be removed. 
Incidentally I've got a (brand) new SAIC/Continental NNN000830 which is off the car atm. It's 'un-checksummed/sensitive engine fan'd' (and actually I'm nervous that interrogation might induce checksum + silly fan.) If you don't get any local callers (there must be a SAIC nearby surely?) and can guarantee that you won't 'spoil' it you're welcome to have a go with mine.
I can post but as far as I can see there isn't a PM on this forum for address purposes?

Last edit: Post by ArntyR.

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 10 months ago #196149

This forum does have a private messaging function, but since the last forum software upgrade I'm not to sure where the geeks have put it now.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 10 months ago #196150

Just found it! If you look at the avatar window of the member you wanna PM, down in the bottom right corner you should see a grey icon with a couple of cartoon voice balloons........that's where the geeks have put the damned thing, no doubt they'll move it and change the icon in the next upgrade, because they can!
If you look at my avatar window you should see a row of icons at the bottom from L to R, there's a little man which when you hover the cursor over it, indicates that I'm a bloke.
Next  there is what looks like a factory with 3 chimneys, buggered if I know what that one does? when I click on it or hover over it, nothing happens.
Then is an icon that looks like an upside down onion, this is meant to represent a map pin and give you an idea of where in the world I am.
Finally there is the PM button as described above.
Note, the you wont see the PM button on your own avatar as you would end up talking to yourself, and end up insane! (it's OK to talk to yourself but it's when you answer back, you've lost your mind!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArntyR

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 10 months ago #196152

Thanks that's good info...
I reckon your 'factory with chimneys' is a birthday cake with candles.
ps and it looks like the PM button only appears on your avatar when I look at it online. ah, scrub that we all seem to have them now...

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 10 months ago #196155

Another possibility is that it's a six pack of beer bottles in profile! It doesn't matter much what it's meant to be as the bloody thing seems to do nothing anyway

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 10 months ago #196162

Yeah, they look like empties to me, I'm afraid...
(It's a long old journey to where you are...evaporation happens...) 

Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT