Sign In   Register

Topic

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196375

That's welcome info technozen and it gives me hope to keep trying despite no mention of EKA in the SAIC owner guide.

But nobody else has reported that they've got it to work for them. I'd have thought someone (else) would respond. 'markvrs' has been a like-minded contributor and he can't get EKA working on his SAIC, either. He originally drew my attention to the lack of mention of EKA in the SAIC owner manual and suggested that denaturing it might be a consequence of further security update to Thatcham1, along with the separate battery-powered, isolated, alarm/screech function.

And thanks for your input pscan. I can't see a direct link with my results yet but if I try to replicate your process and get the same results, again, it'll keep me motivated to keep chipping away at the problem. (I haven't done a log file yet so this'll be a new experience...) If you wouldn't mind duplicating my process, too, it'd give me something to compare with and if your results are the same as mine - but your EKA works - it'll prove that I'm barking up the wrong tree.

I'm still suspicious about why my own doorlock investigation seemed to show that there seemed to be a constant a 'controlling default'... 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196376

ps I recall my unlock process mirrors yours, except that I haven't done the extra-hard twist. I accepted that it'd stay down + I'd have to lift it physically.

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196385

Hi,
     Taking this thread off at a bit of a tangent. I had a question on how to easily disable the car alarm for going on long ferry journeys so the battery doesn’t go flat by the alarm going off repeatedly. Apologies if this is basic question. 

best wishes

Simon

I have done the lock the car with the key in the door on long ferry trips (30 hours from Bilbao to Portsmouth) and the car started upon arrival.

Just for info - the alarm should only sound 5 times due to the same cause between locking and unlocking.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196390

Thank you James. Taking a ferry to Bilbao and driving back through Spain and France has been to my to do list. Can’t wait until normal travel settles down. Take care.

best wishes

Simon

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196420

Back to post #196373 I mirrored with my SAIC TF (non-working EKA) what you did with your Rover 25 (working EKA), pscan, on an MGR NNN100743 ecu (remapped) / 1541 scu combination and managed to download the attached live log file (I think - never done this stuff before...)

I haven't enough experience to analyse it, but mine's very different later on than yours.

I wonder, then, if the secret to my non-EKA SAIC action lies with a SAIC door micro-switch that isn't able to function the same way as the MGR setup?

The ecu/scu combination works with MGR TFs, after all... Got any thoughts on this?

Best wishes 

File Attachment:

File Name: car.log-li....txt.tsv
File Size:60 KB
Attachments:

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196421

Can anyone get hold of a wiring diagram for a year 2004 Rover 25 with Pektron? 

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196422

Wiring diagram is within download section of this site. Which part you need?

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196423

Central locking and alarm

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196424

What is email address I can use? (you can send me PM if needed)

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196441

I found it:-

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196442

PScan your live data for the first three columns - 'Door key switch / Drivers sill down / Drivers sill up' - seem to support mine , so I reckon my switches should be working ok (thanks...)

Question is, if your MGR ecu, scu and switches support EKA on your Rover 25 why wouldn't the MGR ecu, scu and switches support it on my SAIC? Could there be anything else 'EKA dependent' that we might have missed out, I wonder?

Last edit: Post by ArntyR.

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196443

I think that you need to get a multimeter on pins C0660 pins 17 and 18 on the Pektron unit and see if you can see the voltage changing as you you twist the key in the door lock.

Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT