Sign In   Register

Topic

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 10 months ago #196163

Puts me in mind of a variation of the old adage:
The optimist looks at the glass as half full,
The pessimist looks at the glass as half empty,
Where as the engineer looks at the glass as being twice as big as it needs to be!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 10 months ago #196165

So, Pscan advice followed:-
logged in 
Alarm, Immobiliser + Body
Pektron SCU
Live Data
Door key switch

with ign off       door key unlock -> 'off' in pscan
                         door key lock    -> 'on' briefly then 'off'' firmly

with ign on      door key unlock -> 'off' in pscan
                        door key lock    -> 'on' briefly then 'off' firmly

So it seems that the door key switch is recognised but always defaults to 'off'. I suppose this means that the key number clockwise/anticlockwise turns for the EKA process will never be recognised?

My thoughts? Why disable EKA and can it be reinstated somehow? A seized lock and 'iffy' scu relays could mean having to break into the SAIC whereas MGR folk will be able to weave their EKA magic :(

Last edit: Post by ArntyR.

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 10 months ago #196166

I would be amazed if they changed the design of the Pektron unit.  It was Thatcham approved so if they changed the firmware they would have to get it re-certified.

I bet they didn't.

I think that this can be done.

We just need to compare the live data with my Pektron Rover 25.

Edit:  if pscan can read the EKA then this is further evidence in my mind that the Pektron unit hasn't changed.

Last edit: Post by pscan.uk.

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 10 months ago #196167

Yep when I removed my SAIC Pektron scu for relay upgrade it struck me that it was the same number as an MGR unit...

Ok, what live data do we need to compare?

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 10 months ago #196170

.....Next  there is what looks like a factory with 3 chimneys, buggered if I know what that one does? when I click on it or hover over it, nothing happens.....

It's a birthday cake and should show the members day and month of birth if you hoover it.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 10 months ago #196176

Hi . The EKA on UK spec cars can be a bit iffy and it is also worth noting that the immobiliser will remain in on state for a period of time after the last part of the code is inputted  . It does not turn the immobiliser off straight away,  you have to sit in the car , ignition on and ........wait .
John 

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196183

Point taken sworkscooper but I've tried many times and, without fail, the alarm comes on halfway through the 3rd number - leading to a scrambled run to get to the fob that's out-of-range and bail out of the process 

It'd be good if someone wouldn't mind:-
1. using their Pscan on a SAIC TF to see if their door locks confirmed my default 'off' pattern at all times and
2. someone else used theirs (that they know EKA works) to interrogate their MGR Pektron to see if their pattern led to door key lock switch 'on' when locked - which mine does for all of a second before it defaults to 'off'

This comparison might be useful. Also

3. if any SAIC owner could confirm that they've actually got theirs to work?

With 'iffy' Pektron relays and one driver door-key that's prone to seize up EKA has got to be an option surely if the process can be reinstated.

Last edit: Post by ArntyR.

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196350

The SAIC SCU was no different to the MGR part, many SCU's used in the LE500's were obviously from unfinished production line stock as the VIN numbers in the units I have worked on 
show them as being from every model type and they stuck the SAIC VIN on a label on the outside of the case rather than change what was stored in memory.

If the alarm triggers while entering the EKA code just continue entering it, this as far as I have seen is normal. I have tried the EKA code on many SAIC SCU's and it has always worked but rarely on the first try, using a mechanical method like a door lock with all of it's pitfalls to enter a code is a lousy design.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196362

Hi,
     Taking this thread off at a bit of a tangent. I had a question on how to easily disable the car alarm for going on long ferry journeys so the battery doesn’t go flat by the alarm going off repeatedly. Apologies if this is basic question. 

best wishes

Simon

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196368

On ferry journeys I took, I locked the car with the key in the door lock. This disables the movement sensor inside the car, but the doors are still protected.

Never had an alarm issue on the boats I was on,( Dover to Calais).
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sims

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196369

Thanks David,
                       That is really helpful. Just about to take an 8.5hr ferry from Liverpool to Belfast to see the outlaws (family). Didn’t want to be stuck on the car deck with lots of friendly smiles in my direction at our destination!!.

best wishes

Simon

Alarm/ Immobiliser Guide MGTF LE500 2 years 9 months ago #196373

I just had a little play with the Rover 25 with Pektron on which the EKA is proven work.
One observation about this car is that twisting the key in the driver door lock clockwise locks the door and also locks all the other doors; whereas; twisting the key anticlockwise with "normal" force unlocks the drivers door but does not unlock the other doors (central locking).  The key needs to be twisted pretty hard anticlockwise right to the end of its travel before it activates the central locking to unlock all the doors.
I guess something needs adjusting.
The experiment was then conducted twisting the key hard enough to make sure that central door locking worked.
This is what I did.
Unlock car with remote.
Get into car.
Put key in ignition and switched on.
Started up pscan.
Selected log file.
Logged into pektron.
Selected all live data parameters.
Turned off ignition and removed key.
Went round to drivers door.
This took a few seconds due to traffic.
Put key in lock and turned to lock and held it for a few seconds.
Let it return to centre position for a few seconds.
Turned to unlock for a few seconds.Removed key, returned to laptop and quit the session.
The resultant log file is attached.I hope that this helps. 
Note that I had to rename it from a tsv file to a txt file to get this site to accept the attachment.
Attachments:

Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT