Sign In   Register

Topic

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 8 months 4 weeks ago #203636

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
Yeah the jasmine here is starting to flower too……must be synchronised.
Not that I would’ve noticed, the only reason I know is this arvo, Lesley noticed and pointed it out!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 8 months 3 weeks ago #203653

Well well well just look what I’ve found. It’s never be on & considering it’s been ignored it’s in great condition. I’ve just found & photographed it, I’ve not checked the part number or measured it but there you go I’ll look it up tomorrow, I’ve been banned from doing car stuff today. Looking for fibreglass to repair the van is fine.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Volcano

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 8 months 3 weeks ago #203656

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
Shiny shiny
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 8 months 3 weeks ago #203662

Wow the throttle body is almost as fresh as the day it was made.

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 8 months 3 weeks ago #203665

Belts can look great, but... Ages ago I bought a Bertone X1-9. Took it for a first servicing and, as there was no servicing history, the mechanic changed the belt. When I picked the car up he gave the belt to me to play with. Looked fine, so I didn't really know what to say to him. Twisted it a little in my hands and it just plain broke. In half. I wonder just how long the belt, my valves and my pistons had to go. Maybe a week? When in doubt, change it out!

David

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 8 months 3 weeks ago #203675

Well I'm sorry to say that our lovely new (old stock) example of an aluminium throttle body is a MBH000080, which is a 48mm example & so it's been returned to its place in the long line & an extended wait for the automotive graveyard. Sorry for building up your hopes but - - - - - .
M

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 8 months 3 weeks ago #203684

Hey M,

No need to be sorry. Never-mind. I'm sure you'll find a use for it somewhere, somehow. It's no problem and nevertheless I am still very grateful for your offer of incredable generosity. Thank you again :)
My parts from Au are waiting for me to collect. But the longer wait is my parts from the UK which have landed in Au and are probably in customs. Might be another week before I get my hands on them. Getting eager to drive the Volcano again...

DavePro, the 5 year old belt I pulled out was in incredible condition. I gave it a good twisting and bending, the rubber was supple and in great condition. If I hadn't found an oil leak from the camshaft seals it would have stayed there a while longer, because, I'm super busy with other things. But so as it turned out the seals need to be replaced as will a new timing belt too and I just have to make time for Volcano. Lucky I checked it. When the oil leak become worse and dripping on the belt it might have slipped and turned into an catastrophe. Good planning you had yours changed too. :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Last edit: Post by Volcano.

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 8 months 2 weeks ago #203860

I have an active Volcano again. :) :yesnod:
When I installed the new camshaft seals, I had to use a bit of trickery. I found that when I removed the old ones two of four of the springs were off and hanging about on the shaft, why those two were leaking. When I approached installing a new seal when pushing it in, only partially so I could pull it back and look, the spring had popped off too. So, after I replaced the spring I packed the back of the seal around the spring with grease. Spring stayed put, thank goodness. I had again only partially pushed it on to see. Had to do all like that. Cam belt installation went smoothly. Put everything back together this morning then went for a long drive. :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Last edit: Post by Volcano.

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 8 months 1 week ago #203947

Hey guys, :wave:
I hope all is well.
I have discovered rain making! It was getting dry here. Yep it is true, rain making :yesnod:
You'll might remember I ordered a full set of original MG mud flaps, along with the timing belt back-cover, from the UK.
So, to make it rain, don't fit those amazing looking mud flaps right away, just leave them in their packing sitting on the bench. There ya go, that's it, three days of afternoon thunderstorms with rain and even yesterday light hail. So, of course I was out driving Volcano yesterday and today in the rain, the dirt road home was a slushy muddy mess and the MG looked like a mess too when I arrived home. :oops:
Would have been great to have already fitted the mud flaps to see how they protected the MG. Looks like a job for tomorrow and a break from fencing. :)

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT