Sign In   Register

Topic

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 9 months 1 week ago #203508

PS the throttle body is in the same store as my stock of fibreglass stuff, so that’s a plus I’ll have a root for one whilst searching for the other.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Volcano

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 9 months 1 week ago #203512

M, I'm glad the hole in your van wasn't much worse and that gaffer tape got you'll travelling again. The great thing about fibreglass, compared with aluminium sheet, it can easily and cheaply be fixed like there was never any apparent damage.

Working on Volcano yesterday, after I removed the cam gears, I found a damaged timing belt back cover. So much so it couldn't be epoxied and so I had to order one from the UK. It had to be done, and immediately too, otherwise I'd be waiting and waiting to get the MG back together again. I paid for express freight too!!! The timing belt, I had to settle on a Dayco. The camshaft seals I didn't get an answer of their branding, they'll all be in the mail tomorrow. So, nothing is going to go ahead until the cover arrives as it has to go back on right after the seals go in. I also bought a new cam tensioner bolt. Whoever installed it kind of butchered it, maybe over tightened it, possibly weakened it. Wouldn't want that part flying off. I'll be able to use for the first time a seal removal/install tool set I bought.

I also ordered a full set of genuine mud flaps, to stop the stones flying up on the paint from my rural backroads.

It'll be back to building fences tomorrow, I have some sheep arriving in a while, need to setup a "wild dog" proof paddock for them. I have cattle where the dogs also cause lots of injury to their calves and sometimes the calves just disappear.

Funny, my Volcano colour car matches the colour of my cattle! :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notanumber

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 9 months 1 week ago #203513

When you said the car matched the cattle, got me wondering if you had Gelbviehs, but when I scrolled down then I figured Red Angus.
An old mate (deceased ) had Gelbviehs he showed them, I helped him with the showing…. There is some TV footage of me leading a particulary grumpy cow, and getting head butted and thrown by the miserable old mole, she got me a beauty, right under the ribs, I landed on my arse about 3meters away, I got back to my feet with murderous intent, and then realised the camera was rolling, I gave the old trollop a pat on the head and looked straight into the camera and said that “they’re very playful!”
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 9 months 1 week ago #203520

Wow Cobber, Hehee. Hilarious! 🤭

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 9 months 1 week ago #203521

I was lucky the old stumpet didn’t have a hat rack otherwise wise I’d be gutted……in every sense of the word.
The same cow on another occasion broke my foot when she stomped it hard…. She knew what she was doing…….as far as I was concerned the blood you foul tempered beast was only good for dog food on the hoof!

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 9 months 1 week ago #203579

Yeah livestock like that are such a danger. I only keep placid good temperament livestock.

I was at a Brahman stud, all of the herd I observed were never selected for temperament. When the herd were being put through the yards for vaccinations, the first bull through was soo huge it had to duck its head down to go into the crush. It was moving fast as it went in, and didn't stop at the head-bail, hit it so hard the bars separated, it went through, the operator on the handle was hit by it as it lifted, the bull kept going forward breaking through the head gate, broke the 12mm HT bolt on the top. Crazy, scary, situation.

My livestock follow me upon being called, I lead them to wherever, for whatever reason, no cowboying, whip cracking, chasing them on a motorcycle, only easy and peaceful events. :)

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 9 months 1 week ago #203580

Yeah my cattle were always pretty calm, as I got the initial herd of them as calf’s and hand feed them their descendants learned from their mothers when to come………no exciting moments!
I always got a real good price for them, I didn’t bother with the saleyards, I’d advertise them in the local paper (remember them?)
To hobby farmer types, who wanted their cow calm and tame.
As the came from dairy stock they would all be good milkers if required.
Anh nah I couldn’t be arsed milking them, I just breed them, and used them as grass mowers.

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 9 months 1 week ago #203598

Grrr 😡 Someone glued, with silicone, one of the front camshaft seals in with what looks like a rear seal or just a seal they found that sort of fitted. My be a loose fit, reason they glued it! It was really difficult to remove. Bent parts of my removal tool, straightened 4 times. I had four goes at it, each time from 3, 6, 9 and 12 o’clock positions. 😤

I thought, oh I’ll just go do this easy job before I go back to paddock fencing… 😆
Attachments:

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 9 months 1 week ago #203599

I love it when some numpty butchers in bearings and seals, just makes my day!
The only place for silicone is in tits, and even then I myself don’t like it…….in fact apparently it’s not even good for that these days
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notanumber, Volcano

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 9 months 1 week ago #203601

You’re hilarious Cobber! 😆

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 9 months 1 week ago #203605

You need to go back through Cobber’s posts, right back. Our friend has knife edged wit, but you already know that, what you need to do is look at his breadth of knowledge & the humour carried along with it.
I’m home after our travels & will be on the hunt for bits, including that TB alluded to a while ago.
M

Another engine not running well question, baffling, very. 9 months 1 week ago #203635

Welcome home M. Did the masking tape patch continue to hold out the rain upon your return? Must be lovely to get away for a touring holiday.

I could use some rain here, it's getting a bit dry and dusty. I don't like my chances for precipitation any time soon. It's that dry time of year and given that we're almost into El Niño... I don't like the feel of that and after watching what Hawaii has experienced, it's exactly reminiscent of the bushfire, firestorm, where it was 41 C temp, 90km/h winds here in 2019. Pheeww! :dry:

My timing belt back cover, upon checking of tracking just now, has left the UK and is currently in Kentucky. Can't do a thing on the Volcano until it arrives. Parts ordered locally should be here on Tuesday. If I did have all my parts I think I'd need to give my hands and fingers a break from fencing for a few days before getting involved in fixing the Volcano. Even typing is a bit hard going on my fingers... Lol.

New wire, in old posts already in-ground but new holes drilled (in ironbark timber), new stays, different gate fitted, a remodelled fence. It was hot again today, for almost the middle of winter, was almost 28 C, tomorrow 28 C and Monday 30 C. The Jasmin growing, flowering, on my yard fence thinks its Spring already! Tomorrow the dog mesh goes on or do I have a rest... :yesnod:

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT