Sign In   Register

Topic

Clutch is dead 5 years 10 months ago #186335

Thank you all for your opinions.
I live in southern Germany, that's right.
My Rimmer order was placed on thursday, the 24th of May; arrived on monday, 4th of June...right on the end of my holiday.
Yes, David, the bolt is finger tight only. And yes, the former (now damaged) bolt didn't fit well (not deep enough) so the fork was loose.
Will only once try to fit it correctly (with force) as I'm freightened to damage the new bolt again.
The next days I'll try to complete it.
Kind regards
Christof
The following user(s) said Thank You: davidgv1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Clutch is dead 5 years 10 months ago #186339

All right, all went in as it should. See pics:

...everything greased...the bolt went in...

Regards
Christof
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, sworkscooper, Fisher

Clutch is dead 5 years 10 months ago #186340

Brilliant and well done
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fisher

Clutch is dead 5 years 10 months ago #186420

Removed the rear nearside brake pipe as described at CJJ's how to (was corroded).
Sprayed a lot of PlusGas onto the unions many days before, heated by the help of a hot air gun - no success! Felt like the T-piece would like to break.
Today in the morning I tried my brothers gastro-burner.

Seemed to burn the rust, unions undone!

Mounted the gearbox to the engine.
Regards
Christof
Attachments:

Clutch is dead 5 years 10 months ago #186454

Removed the coolant pipes at the engine for better access. Now I had to order new gaskets CDU 3858 as the old one didn't fit in any more.
Another problem with the driveshafts: they don't want to click into the differential properly. Planning now to remove the complete hub for more mobility.
Ordered a few spare parts today from Rimmers: hub nuts, securing nuts, brake line clips and so on...
Driving in the summer has to wait.
Regards
Christof

Clutch is dead 5 years 10 months ago #186471

Keep going Christof , you'll get there eventually.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: c.steffan

Clutch is dead 5 years 10 months ago #186539

Yesterday in the evening Rimmer marked my order as "dispatched". Estimated delivery on wednesday, the 27th.
What the hell are they doing all the week? Ten days for a few nuts!?
Monday I'll try to fix the driveshaft problem.
Regards
Christof

Clutch is dead 5 years 10 months ago #186581

Got the driveshafts in! Removed hub, used old nut and a sledge hammer, easy-peasy job (pictures).

Now I'm waiting for the new nuts.
Ordered another brake line, the other one was too long (my own mistake).
Question:
My handbook says a few rear suspension screws need to be torqued if the suspension is under load. Does load mean engine, gearbox and subframe, or does it need the whole car's weight?
Thanks!
Regards
Christof
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by c.steffan. Reason: picture imperfect

Clutch is dead 5 years 10 months ago #186583

Hi Christof. I would think it mean all the combined weight ( engine and gearbox ) as that makes more sense. Otherwise the suspension will be in a different position without the load .

John

Clutch is dead 5 years 10 months ago #186587

Okay, thank you.

Clutch is dead 5 years 9 months ago #186926

Filled in gearbox oil last week. Dripped out of the nearside driveshaft. Thought about a broken gasket until I found the other driveshaft more tightly in the differential. Removed the complete hub und pushed the nearside one firmly into the differential, this cured the problem, but cost me 3/4 of a day.
Connected brake lines and handbrake cables, coolant and all electrical connectors as the coolant hoses. Unfortunately the new battery (four weeks old) is flat, need another one. Bled the brakes today in the morning, the afternoon wanted to bleed and test the clutch.
The master cylinder went o.k., no air inside. The slave cylinder was (and is) the bigger problem: tried to bleed it with a manual vacuum kit, later the classic clutch pedal and bleed nipple system, always keeping the reservoir on level. After a while there was no more air, but no resistance to the pedal yet, only very little movement at the slave cylinder. After a while we screwed the pipe connection at the slave cylinder more tightly and bled again - it worked! Wanted to do this job 100% and bled once more (my german handbook says: press clutch pedal, hold firmly, open bleed nipple, push clutch arm by hand completely in release position, close nipple, depress pedal), but once again no pedal resistance. What the hell is the release position? As I'm unable to push the arm towards the flywheel, I pushed the slave cylinder's piston in before closing the nipple. Was this wrong?
Bled more than 500ml altogether without success.
My beloved wife, my daughter and her friend, they all thought about the hydraulic system and tried to find the mistake. It went dark then and we all were starving, so we finished the investigation for today. Tomorrow is my daughters birthday, we'll be away then. Maybe thursday the next examination.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Regards
Christof

Clutch is dead 5 years 9 months ago #186927

Hi Christof.
I've had a bad day myself so , let me think about this and get back to you .

John

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT