Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 2 months ago #155973

This Saturday I helped Peter (pgew) fitting his TT exhaust and 17" ZS alloys and adapters.. looked nice.

Then Sunday I fitted stainless underfloor pipes and alloy rad. I also fittred the modified slam panel I made up - although it's not 100 finished yet as I need to get some rivnuts and some MBB Starlight Silver paint - goodness knows where!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 2 months ago #155979

Well last week it was MOT so replaced a worn O/S/F lower ball joint and the faulty CAT ....................................... another years MOT and the old one still has not run out :P . Sunday we joined several other MG nuts fro a drive through the Derbyshire Peaks and as this was quite a drive from home "Blue 33" and it covered arounf 300 miles Sunday. Don't know exactly how many as on the way home whilst about 1/2 hours drive away the speedo cable broke. So she is parked on the drive with acess cover off whilst we sort a replacement cable and get it fitted.

Ahhh well :bang: .

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 2 months ago #156102

I finally sorted out my passenger door lock mechanism which wasn't triggering the interior lights or alarm. I bought a replacement for £18 and had just got to the point where I was going to extract the old mechanism having disconnected everything apart from the wiring plug and the door pin rod when BINGO my interior lights came on! I decided to stick with the old unit for now as the micro switches seem happy (scared) and the 'new' part is untested. This is a job best done by a right handed person with small hands (I'm left handed as you probably guessed).

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 2 months ago #156122

This week..work work work...yuk.....found a bit of chill time yesterday so gave Myfanwy a valentines pressi of a wash n polish plus a little extra bling.....

Afterwards parking up in usual spot reversed into neighbours small trailer ....stupid me as its always parked there but disappears from view as reversing in....... must get round to fitting reversing sensor kit i've had for months.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 2 months ago #156123

This week..work work work...yuk.....found a bit of chill time yesterday so gave Myfanwy a valentines pressi of a wash n polish plus a little extra bling.....

Afterwards parking up in usual spot reversed into neighbours small trailer ....stupid me as its always parked there but disappears from view as reversing in....... must get round to fitting reversing sensor kit i've had for months.
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 2 months ago #156124

Hi just a quick question. What did you use to stick the VVC letters on with. I have some for my F which have been removed from another car. All suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 2 months ago #156130

Letters were self adhesive as bought.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nigel0903

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 2 months ago #156140

Just freed up the N/S Boot hinge. It's been stiff all the time we have had "Elsie" and finally found out it was the very back top pivot which one canot see that was THE problem. Noticed she has lost about 4mm of coolant .............................Hmmmm must be a connections weeping again. Whom ever fitted the S/S pipes under her did not do a very good job. Have cured two weeps on the rear pipes already need to check the others.

Might be time to think about replacing all the rubber hoses.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 2 months ago #156190

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Today I fitted a 52mm throttle body to replace the 48mm alloy one. Initial thoughts are that the engine does indeed seem to rev more freely!

Also investigated the petrol smell. I was pretty sure that it was down to the replacement pump I had to fit. When I removed it the rubber seal was hanging from the bottom of the pump! :oops: Finally got it back together again with the seal in the proper position, so fingers crossed for a fume free drive!

ALSO very annoyed to find that one of my Mike Satur quad exhaust finishers has disappeared. I noticed it was looser than it should be and found that the U bolt clamp was almost rusted through. Ironically, the stupid finisher fell off on the way to Halfords to get a new Ubolt clamp! :bang: Despite a search, it is currently listed as missing in action. :slapme: New ones are only available in pairs and are... HOW MUCH? :woowoo:
David
:shrug:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 2 months ago #156201

I finally sorted out my passenger door lock mechanism which wasn't triggering the interior lights or alarm. I bought a replacement for £18 and had just got to the point where I was going to extract the old mechanism having disconnected everything apart from the wiring plug and the door pin rod when BINGO my interior lights came on! I decided to stick with the old unit for now as the micro switches seem happy (scared) and the 'new' part is untested. This is a job best done by a right handed person with small hands (I'm left handed as you probably guessed).

Richard

Thought that had been too easy! The microswitch controlling the light circuit failed again almost as soon as I'd refitted it. So I fitted the replacement mechanism this afternoon (it's 12C here & dry but windy so OK to work outside) and everything seems fine although when unlocking on the remote the unit 'buzzes' for a few seconds after everything has moved - not sure what that is all about? Anyway, I took photos and will write up a 'how -to' as I don't think this little job has been covered and there are a few tricks to it.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 2 months ago #156202

If it 'buzzes' do not super lock it! It could be the mechanism itself making the noise.... best to be safe.......

I added a key hole and lock internals from a manual locking 115 to Felix so if the mechanism dies I can still open it from the key on the passenger side.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 2 months ago #156207

My drivers door , when locked with remote makes a right racket straight after the interior pin goes down ...m im guessing the door lock motors on the way out

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT