Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 4 weeks ago #157902

fitted a alloy handbrake button :P bling
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 years 4 weeks ago #157905

spoilt the mg this week and added some more bling this time in the form of chrome number plate surrounds
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 11 months ago #159571

Well lets see,never intended of doing anything today so off we went for a drive in the tf.................nice sunny day.....we went for dinner in the lovely town called uttoxeter......from there travelled to leek via the peak district..................we passed through leek to a little place called Rudyard....... :dry: should have left the hardtop at home

Rudyard is a lovely place with outstanding scenery

There is a lake there.........Rudyard lake.............and yes Jeremy Clarkson and his mates sailed on it with there amphibious vehicles...there was mays triumph herald,clarksons pick up and the little lads vw camper :yesnod: ......after parking on the layby above the lake.......I relaxed and took in the views

while sitting in the mg looking right there was a old garage property for sale ..the estate agents are graham Watson...was intending on viewing the property online to see if the motors came with it.................no longer used as a garage but a family home with a nice private collection of rover p6 cars v8s and a tc

after admiring the lake view garage I took another look at the view before driving home

nice winding roads,with nice scenery,,,,,,,our trip home took us towards biddulph and the mountain view in this picture to the far right is cloud end

back home now.....so its back in the house for a cold can of lager........ill clean the bugs off the tf in the morning.....and maybe take the hardtop off,ready for another run out.

After a chill........I opened my mail.........my foglamp brackets have arrived so out to the garage to fit them on.....got one foglamp bracket from browns and gammon,another from ebay and thanks again to bob for supplying the wiring plugs :broon:

wiring to be done at a later date,havenot got the switchgear yet. :beer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob, cairnsys

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 11 months ago #159581

Great job Mark :broon: Looks like a very pleasant day out too.

Bright pack centre console and vents installed today.The previous owner sent me a heated rear window switch so I popped that in.I may spray up the door cappings to match or perhaps get replacement ones from MGFnTFBitz when I'm passing in a couple of weeks time..
It's a bit sunny so you don't really get a good photo,but I much prefer the silver to the technical grey finish I had in.

Edit door cappings done.

Last edit: Post by Bob.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 11 months ago #159588

The dash looks great bob............well done :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 10 months ago #160542

Great had a little break from work.........Gave the mg a checkover.........wheels up in the air tested the road wheels by pushing them left and right.............fine........untill i tested the wheels top to bottom ......felt some movement.....so i lowered the jack till the wheels were 5 inches from the ground and leverd the tyre up and down.....i could feel the clonk and see the movement..........taking the wheel off i could see movement around the top balljoint......The job of replacing the top ball joint is quite easy,as long has you have plenty of tools to hand.

Off i went to my local car shop who had one in stock.......they orderd me the other for next day......although it was only the passenger side with play......i planned to do the otherside aswell...

the large nut on the top balljoint is 46mm.......so you will obviosly need one......the hexagon shape socket is better than the bi hexagon,has theres less chance of rounding the nut off.........the shaft of the ball joint has a hole for a allen key to stop the balljoint spinning has you undo the nut.......becareful not to bash the end of the thread with a hammer........this will mushroom the shaft and may it hard to remove nut.......clean threads and a little wd40....ok
The torque setting for the 46mm balljoint nut to hub is 105nm.............the small upper ball nut is 54nm............satisfied when the job was done.......went out for a drive in the sun.

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 10 months ago #160545

Bob does your gsm holder work well?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 10 months ago #160745

Well decided to whip off the engine cover for a wee look, inspected the timing belt and had a good look about to see if there were any leaks under the timing belt cover and around the engine. Gave the engine bay a wee clean whilst I had the cover off as it was a tad dusty underneath. All seems well so decided to tax the car and take it out for a wee spin seen as it wasn't raining! Also Invergordon had the Britannia cruise liner in today so we went out in the lifeboat to see it off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks

Alan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in, mgtfbluestreak

Last edit: Post by Alans835.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 10 months ago #160751

Bought a second F just over a week ago. It failed our equivalent of it's MOT, needed a frontwheel bearing and an rear upper ball joint, both an easy fix. With that sorted it's time to put the miles on.

It's an early F, number 59 off the line. Its quite original except for the silly, fake rollhoop and the later cloth seats.

Mark
95 MGF
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, mgtfbluestreak

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 10 months ago #160754

Flew MOT last week then! Binned it Monday morning :oops: :(
New bottom wishbone, wheel and steering rack required.
Insurance would have wrote it off.
Instead £100 for bits and lesson learnt about how fast I should be going.
Any tips for deep scratches in paint?
(However bidding on a 160 so not learnt much ;) )

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 10 months ago #160756

Invalid or non-existent item ID.

Bob does your gsm holder work well?

Sorry for the late replay.Yes it works great.I bought it for my Galaxy S4 and it's spot on :broon:

Here's a linky I ordered three needed one for the wifes car and my ZT too.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 10 months ago #160757

Thanks. I'm counting my coins and maybe I can get me one! :-)

Time to create page: 1.330 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT