Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 2 months ago #183928

What a wonderful event - hope it all goes well.

Would definitely take part if I lived in the UK.
What's that black canvas thing behind the seats for?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 2 months ago #183929

thanks, John, I missed it, as today was my 20th wedding anniversary, going to the one in north Wales in may. have had a lot of trouble with my hands today arthritis it is seeming to get worse. it is only when I handle tools, 40yeqrs of spannering I suppose, leaving the car alone for now. but it is taxed now, went out in it today with the top down, really enjoyed it.I will just have to sit back now and take things easy. not 18 anymore.LOL.but cannot wait until may hope to meet you there if you go.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 2 months ago #183930

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Yep, getting old meself: 62 in June. Seems like only yesterday I was an apprentice being bored by old farts talking about power stations... Now I am that old fart boring them. 45 years in the industry this September.

Never done FRL: I hate the M25 on an organic level due to regularly parking on it in the course of business travel. Am now an expert at lorry trailer controls and tyre sizes, spending much time stationary and bored....
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 2 months ago #183933

I have never been on a run, looking forward to one tho, I was a fitter with my old man till he passed away, could not work with anyone else so through the towel in, really wrecked my hands, and the cramps I get after working on the car is unbelievable , I am typing out with my left hand as my right one is murder but at least I'm not on my own, we are mostly old farts now,lol

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 2 months ago #183935

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
A few years back we organised a run around our locale, which is close to Donington Park. A steady roll through the Leics countryside followed by attending the MGOC racing series at Donno, then a meal at a local pub. Went very well though disappointing uptake: three plus us.

Not been tempted to do it since....
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 2 months ago #183936

I can agree with you that it is regretful that the number of mg's and rover's that are still out there and not a lot turn up, I would not let this worry me as long as I know I turned up with at least one other, ie someone to follow. that way I would not get lost, I am prone to being out and about and having the feeling I won't get home for my tea, always seem to find my way home, in the end, tho, I think this run in may will bring a good turn out as I think it is nearly full up with bookings, shows someone cares eh,

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 2 months ago #183939

We're going to the candles run.

Perhaps we could meet up.

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 2 months ago #183943

What a wonderful event - hope it all goes well.

Would definitely take part if I lived in the UK.

People regularly come over from Germany, Holland and one chap comes from the Balearics.

Never done FRL: I hate the M25 on an organic level due to regularly parking on it in the course of business travel. Am now an expert at lorry trailer controls and tyre sizes, spending much time stationary and bored....

So the chance to drive all the way round without stopping should be jumped at ;)

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 2 months ago #183950

Got it remapped at FRL last night. Great mod and nice to know my engine is performing properly too!
Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 2 months ago #183951

nice one

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 2 months ago #183958

Wire brushed and forest green hammerited the underside of the TF subframe.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re:RE: Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 2 months ago #183976

I can agree with you that it is regretful that the number of mg's and rover's that are still out there and not a lot turn up, I would not let this worry me as long as I know I turned up with at least one other, ie someone to follow. that way I would not get lost, I am prone to being out and about and having the feeling I won't get home for my tea, always seem to find my way home, in the end, tho, I think this run in may will bring a good turn out as I think it is nearly full up with bookings, shows someone cares eh,

Pride of Longbridge is always a good turn out from far and wide, although only 4 miles for me, another good event well attended is MG's in the park run by Oxford MGOC at Burford wildlfe park.

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT