Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182668

Not sure if you are interested in this one, Mr, Bluestreak, but Daz at MGFnTFbitz sells powder covered rocker covers for the K series. Has them in blue, would look damn fine on your tidy looking engine.
I know they are not seen but I do like to know mine is there, and you can just about view it from the boot.
Think they are about £20 or so.
Here's mine in red...

Sundance

Do they still do these as I can't see them listed anywhere?

Cheers.
John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182669

Yes, they had a rack full of them in various basic colours. Also I think they have TF front cross braces and possibly anti roll bars powder coated.
Not sure about this one, but I am sure I have seen powder coated inlet manifolds too.

I do like a run up to Bitz, its a real Aladdins cave and full of shiny, new and used parts. The powder coated subframes look amazing!
I do need to go back up soon for some shock absorbers....

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: gooseholla

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182670

Cool. Might have to email as a red cover would look good on my engine... even if you're never going to see it!

also, did you paint the twin cam writing yourself, or was this a bit they sold too?

John

Last edit: Post by gooseholla.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182671

I did have to scrape the mating surface where the gasket goes as there was some paint flash and some old gasket stuck to it, and I also drilled and tapped and helicoiled all of the threads in the top of the cover. I don't like the idea od steel screws into softer alloy metal, also some of the threads looked like there was some wear in them..it would not do for a screw to come loose on the engine...anywhere!

I have also seen coloured inlet manifolds and front cross braces there too, and their powder coated subframes look amazing!

Sundance

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182678

Yes I do like the painted covers...I also like the chrome ones..where I take cylinder heads to be reconditioned in stoke on trent...they had ford cosworth rocker boxes sent there...they had been powder coated blue and then put on a machine which finely ground the writing and lines to a alloy mirror finish..highlighting the raised lettering...looked good..

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182683

Using CJJ's excellent how to guide on fitting extra 12v sockets I fitted one myself. The previous owner had put a removable panel in where the passenger airbag could have been.

I used this as the location to mount my multiple socket thing. This gives me the flexiibility to run cables all round the place, and a neat little place to store stuff away when not in use!

If like me you wait until it is dark to do electrical work... then I cannot recommend this light highly enough. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nebo-NB6306-Larry-Work-Light/dp/B0166X7P7U/ref=pd_sim_60_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Z2WAK8BVP5EA741V65JB

Mine is a Rolson one and was £8 in T K Maxx. Super bright and has a super strong magnet. It can hold itself off of a screw in the car! I bought it to use in the engine bay or under the bonnet when needed.

Next job is to find where all the wire from the CD changer someone put in go... they seem to go everywhere from the control box :(

Last edit: Post by gooseholla.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182745

.............Just wish those calipers were red not blue!

<<snipped photos>>

Well I am most confused... put them on so they all facing the same way, get back from a drive all facing different positions!!! Don't all my wheels go round the same number of times?!! :lol:

Paint 'em...

When you go around a corner the inner wheel will turn less than the outer one and the rear wheels take a different track than the fronts.......

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gooseholla

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182757

I was thinking of painting them. I painted the ones on my TF silver.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182761

I took several pictures of my tf in the summer..at least 3 had the spoked wheels in the same position...spooky
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182782

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
As stated elsewhere, fitting a new passenger door lock. All good. If anyone needs advice I'm now 'de man'. Worked out a few dodges.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182789

As stated elsewhere, fitting a new passenger door lock. All good. If anyone needs advice I'm now 'de man'. Worked out a few dodges.

If you get time can you chuck them together as a how to or even a how not to?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182858

lucky i have a week off.......
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.320 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT