Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 4 months ago #182114

this.....

To this...

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 4 months ago #182138

Checked the level of protection of the coolant on the TF, down to -15 degrees so not too bad, however the coolant was only replaced last May and I would have expected a lower temperature value, so will top up with some neat OAT shortly.
Did a flush and coolant change on the ZT-T and used some OEM VW-Audi pink OAT and protection tested at -32 degrees. It looks a good quality coolant too, makes the stuff in the TF look like Pi**

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 4 months ago #182404

Got over Christmas and opened up the garage and after the process of getting to the engine I fitted 4 new spark plugs
In between fitting the plugs I took a ride out to work to get a few things...the lad next door was working and he had this mgtf on his ramps nearly complete of its extensive restoration.

Back home and finished the spark plug fitting.The old plugs were ngk and the new ones denso..Some pics below of the old plugs.

Spark plugs come pre set and I torqued them up to 27nm and put a dab of copperslip on the threads.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182535

Great pictures , both great cars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182537

Not sure if you are interested in this one, Mr, Bluestreak, but Daz at MGFnTFbitz sells powder covered rocker covers for the K series. Has them in blue, would look damn fine on your tidy looking engine.
I know they are not seen but I do like to know mine is there, and you can just about view it from the boot.
Think they are about £20 or so.
Here's mine in red...

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182538

it is a shame they don't do a see-through panel that would look great.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182541

Painted cover looks good...I've seen a image of a mgf with what looks like a clear cover but don't know if it was just for show..pic below...would go more to town if somebody comes up with a clear engine cover.
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182545

People have been using 10mm clear acrylic engine covers for a while.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182565

That is my MGF with the clear cover. The cover is laminated glass but I haven't run the car with it in place yet.
The glass people were concerned with the temperature in the engine compartment but I have it now so will fit it before the first show of the year
and see how it holds up. I plan on using a rubber seal around the edge and fitting 4 hold down clips to hold it in place.
Sundance UK, thanks for the info on the Cam cover. I sent MGFnTFBitz an E-mail although I may just see if a local shop can do mine in X-Power Green.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182567

I am sure they have green as well as black and definitely yellow
When swapping them covers over, don't forget the gauze oil strainer that's tucked inside...I did and didn't notice it until it was all bolted down and a day later!
Will put it back next time the cover comes off!

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182568

The cam cover is different on earlier Mgfs than a tf....or does bitz do them for all models.
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182665

Changed the team dynamics logos on the alloys to mg ones. Not perfect but a lot better looking than team dynamics logo! Just wish those calipers were red not blue!

Well I am most confused... put them on so they all facing the same way, get back from a drive all facing different positions!!! Don't all my wheels go round the same number of times?!! :lol:
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by gooseholla.
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT