Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182957

.......Got the roof partially open and heard a loud crack. Knew exactly what it was and thought "Why didn't I unzip it?"! Doh!

Before my glass window I used to start the roof opening, nip to the back of the car to check it wasn't creased and then gently opened the roof, even in -2. Maybe I was lucky.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182963

The one I cracked was thicker plastic and less flexible than the original type. Apparently these were made about 10 years ago and supplied with a different zip (so I had to change the zip carrier too) so perhaps I was not so lucky. I will check in future though!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182974

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
In between household jobs I replaced the dip headlamps with Osram Nightbreakers as recommended by
David A. I'd previously updated with Halfords very own upgrades which didn't seem that much different tbh. Can't road test at the moment as I've had the regulation couple of DIY tinnies. Open paint can, open beer can.:broon: I'll report when we've next been out in t'dark.

Whilst under the bonnet I checked the voltage at the lamp terminal block: a couple of mV under battery voltage so all good. Cable resistance an all dat ting. If significantly lower would be an indication of bad earth etc. Also gave the headlamp glass a T cut: removes any bloom.

Actually one of the least painless jobs on a TF: if only all repairs/replacements were as painless!
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #183094

Not so much working on the car but made an mg thing out of a bit of wood I had which was too lovely to bin and didn’t know what to do with it. That changed when I was surfing eBay and saw an old mg badge for sale. Turned out alright I think!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #183113

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Nice work gooseholla.

Not done much on ours tbh, too 'kin cold. One thing I did do was address a small parch of hood green mould just behind the drivers window. I've found over the years that a decent quality upholstery cleaner, one of those with a scrubby thing on the end of the can works well: spray, leave a few mins, scrub, leave, wipe, gone! I've found that this works better for a whole hood clean than proper soft top cleaner.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #183146

Remap booked in for the Friends Round London run! K-Maps will be attending the event and offering their services.
Now I will be looking forward to the event even more now!

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #183214

In the last week I have replaced the rear zip carrier and screen, cleaned the spade connector on the starter motor and finally got all four speeds on the heater fan again. Been meaning to do that for a while!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #183216

Went to local scrappy and collected a pair of headlight lenses, chap at the counter wasn't happy because I'd "broken" the headlights until I pointed out they are clip on, he mumbled that I should have taken the whole light. I would have done but I don't need them. #projectorheadlightproject

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 2 months ago #183387

Making good use of my day off today...
New brake servo bracing bracket fitted...

Powder coated battery clamp fitted too .....

And my new side scoops put on....

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 2 months ago #183392

Dang those scoops look good.

I sprayed some water proofing liquid on my hood. Exciting!!

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 2 months ago #183395

where did you buy the scoops? want some

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 2 months ago #183396

One of the guys on here sold them.
I know there were some similar for sale on the FRL facebook page, with and without the slats.
Maybe some slatless ones on ebay too.

Sundance

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT