Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182882

Oh the joys of retirement, sitting in a sun drenched garden sipping a Rum & Coke.......Or in and out of the garage between rain, trying to fix an alarm problem on the F.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182884

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Should've taken some pics! However, I did find this after the event!
https://www.the-t-bar.com/54-how-tos/92793-how-to-change-a-door-lock-mechanism

I found that removing the lower window track bar nut and carefully easing it forward slightly eased access. Careful not to move the adjusting grub screw!
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Last edit: Post by John and Sue.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182892

Removed the battery...gave the battery tray and the chrome battery clamp a Polish and fitted the battery after a clean and tightened the battery clamps...

Started the engine and checked ecu for faults...

Sweet has honey...
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182897

Fitted a new caliper to the rear nearside after finding the handbrake had seized. Wondered why I was using a bit more fuel than normal! The disc was a little blue too but found it in time so don't have to replace the discs and pads!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182905

I fitted the Merry Christmas reversing camera system wired as my “rear view mirror”. The clarity is much improved over the milky & misted rear window, although the camera washes out at night with the following headlights. However turning the monitor off still allows you to see what's behind you by the reflection on the screen. Although the camera is disconcertingly low I'm sure I'll get used to it & at less than £30-00 of e-bay I'm quite impressed.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182906

How do you make your pictures smaller, I've spent ages trying to resize them & they all come out like bill boards?
Sorry.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182921

Fitted a new rear screen after breaking the old one last week by putting the hood down when it was cold. Had to change the zip carrier too as the zip was not a normal MG one. One Peter Jones of MGF Mania was extremely helpful and knew exactly what I was talking about. Thank you Peter!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182929

How do you make your pictures smaller, I've spent ages trying to resize them & they all come out like bill boards?
Sorry.

Do you have photo editing software and if so, which one?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182930

Fitted a new rear screen after breaking the old one last week by putting the hood down when it was cold.

Opps, didn't check it wasn't creased?

They changed the zip at some point as the earlier ones were prone to failing.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182932

Thank you for taking an interest in my picture sizing problem James. My workshop computer, on which I monitor the T-Bar, is far from sophisticated & I use OpenOffice; I refuse to pay for Microsoft Office. There is a drawing module on it with which I must get a grip, however the time I will have to spend in sorting it out could be better spent on a more preferred oily job. The family computer wizz is home shortly, she works in China, & she'll tutor me in the gentle art of re-sizing, thus reducing the possibility of retinal damage to viewers if I post another picture.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182948

Nope. It was an after market one (according to Mr Peter Jones, MGF Mania) which I didn't bother unzipping as I thought it was warm enough. Got the roof partially open and heard a loud crack. Knew exactly what it was and thought "Why didn't I unzip it?"! Doh!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 months ago #182951

If using windows, the easy way is by using "Paint"

Save your photo to your PC

Right click the picture, and select "open with", then select "Paint"

It should open up (massively oversize!) in paint.

On the top menu there should be an option to "resize", click this and then enter a percent to reduce picture (keep aspect ratio box needs to be selected).

Then save it. It will now be a reduced size.

Paint is not the ideal tool, but is easy to do simple things like this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT