Sign In   Register

Topic

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 5 months ago #87680

Well I have a nice white Nissan, but it's not a hideous Juke.
What are those styles of vehicles supposed to be anyway? Something to intimidate other road users with their ugliness?:shrug:

i see what you done there ;)

tbf to it its a really nice car, its just not me....it has no soul.... i cant fault it other than that.

i will buy myself a defender next year - maybe after a summer with a vespa. i have a feeling im going to come back from asia thinking im 18 again :lol:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 5 months ago #87722

I agree we are not Top Dog yet and making it on the back of another forums demise is not quite how we should be envisioning it, or to be perfectly honest wanting it ..

So would everyone in an ideal world,... but hey, you gotta work with what you've got. :hugs:

Personally I would have preferred and would prefer the site to do it on its own merits, and not because people have no where else to go en mass..

.... but the fact that they've chosen this site above others would suggest we are recruiting on our merits. ;)

Lets face it half the people are here because they did not like .org, spoke out and got banned, or they did not like the ethos or members on .org due to the appalling way they treat each other,..

As did you ..... I actually joined here at the outset, but only became a regular after being banned from .org

What's your point?

....and here we are thinking it is brilliant that they are all coming across here, I think it is hideous, standards will and are slipping, and it will all change, I will not hold my breath as to which way, more sit back and watch ..

.... it's a strange stance for a promoter to view new members as something hideous ... :-?

I'd have thought that 'my enemies enemy is my friend' would apply, if you consider .org as the enemy ....if not, I don't understand your point. :-?

New members can only be a good thing for forums ... especially if those tasked with moderating the forum do their job in a subtle, fair and consistent manner.

I really don't like posting in such a forthright manner, but sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade.

All .org refugees are welcome. End of. :hugs:

I have longstanding online friendships with many who've joined recently .... and it's fair to say that they have earned my fullest respect for their knowledge, wisdom, attitude and sense of fair play.

They know me well, and I them.

They also know that if something they post is inappropriate (yes, we do have different standards from .org .... but there's always the Asylum.. ;) ) , unjust or offensive ... I'll be at the front of the queue to intervene.

Afterall, it was my sense of fairplay, and willingness to speak out that got me banned from .org in the first place! :lol:

Everybody chill, and realise that not everybody is the same.... and that's what makes a community. :hugs: :hugs:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, birks, Supercover, PQD44, Jack of Hearts

Last edit: Post by mogatrons.

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 5 months ago #87726

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Maybe I should have replaced Hideous with "Unsettling" although I do find some of the members on there hideous, and that is something "Jeff" that I will not change my mind on ..

Even Promoters and Moderators have personal opinions, for the main I am welcoming and help everyone as much as I can, often in the background, but having seen the ways of .org, promoted the site on the Ethos that we are not like .org I have every right to have to say what I feel, as you do frequently ..

Thanks for bringing it all back to the fore, after we had moved on, NOT ..

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 5 months ago #87734

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Time to move to on.

Yes .org is having a down turn, Will it recover , More than probably. Because of its age and traffic it'll stay top on searches, Once there thats a hard place to be shaken from.
Its the first place people see hence its gets the lion share of the traffic.

We have at the very least equaled the F/TF Section, But with that comes new challenges. To name a couple:-

1. The ability for this place to cope with the numbers, In Website terms this is a heavy site, Once it was running Vbulletin (Same as .org does ).
In that iteration it had no hope of getting anywhere as it didn't offer anything different, So we morphed and started following the social networking way of doing things.
Now it was good, But a bit to new and scary for most, We simplified it a bit and stuck to our guns.
But with the increasing numbers we have to get the site responsive, On the way we've been pushed off two hosting companys, had a terrible experience on a virtual server, but finally found a hosting company which copes with it fine.
But I can still see slow downs with large amounts of users online, the last round of updates resovled most of that,
But an unresposive site causes users to lose interest and not vist, this is more damaging than a temporary virus outbreak.

2. Members joining with an ingrained opinion of how to behave on a forum based from previous experience.
A real difficult one, It would be great if everyone could simply leave their baggage at the door and get on. But that simply isn't realistic
When you come across the same people across forums, You all ready have an opinion of them and are fully expecting them to behave in certain way and inturn end up behaving simliarly yourself. This doesn't help at all, but is simply human nature.

This we have to tackle, Now the gerneral tone of this site does wonders and the majority just ago along with it, Great!,
The next batch of personalitys we deal with by simply doing nothing, they post something we might not like, we ignore it, Having not got a reaction next time round they post more along the lines of the site.
And for the others, we just have to remind you, to pause before you hit the post button, Check how it reads, don't get personal, and if you've nohting nice say , saying notthing at all.

Finally , If you've upset us, we will tell you. Don't speculate
The following user(s) said Thank You: mogatrons, birks, , PQD44, bensewell, GOLDIE

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 5 months ago #87756

You know, it's not a such a bad position to be when you're worried about how to handle success :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mogatrons

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 5 months ago #87783

We need to find this 'Cayne' dude on FB :lol:

Sheefag will find him, he is the expert, when intelligence info is needed.

Last edit: Post by denis747.

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 5 months ago #87786

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Who's Cayne :-?

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 5 months ago #87787

Cayne is a spokesman for the Canadian owners of elsewhere.
David
:shrug:

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 5 months ago #87789

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Poor bloke, I remember someone criticising St Russel and getting threats of having his house burnt down afterwards :whistle:

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 5 months ago #87824

Tell you what, if I find Cayne I'll buy him drinks till dawn!!

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 5 months ago #87831

• Visitor
  • Visitor
and what if I was to tell you he was not a Canuck but a very British member of 'org :whistle:

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 5 months ago #87836

It would certainly reduce the traveling time......

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT