Sign In   Register

Topic

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #87298

Sadly Mr 25x, only capitulation and total defeat are acceptable, Germany emerged a much nicer neighbour and nation as a result of this policy.

The parallels are obvious.

Are they? They now seem to control the Eurozone as much as the Nazis controlled occupied Europe. :oops:

A fair point well made, Mr rt54. (what a lovely name)
On reflection, a more accurate analogy would be Japan, the other member of that naughty temporary axis.

.Cult recently .................

Please Log in to join the conversation.

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #87316

Oh, and Mr 747, here's a screenshot of 'nothing' that Microsoft Security Essentials found on my machine today after a .Cult visit,

Click on the image for larger -

Last edit: Post by Sheefag.

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #87320

Someone over there will tell you, that he is intrigued that your antivirus managed to catch that while he only got the Google warnings. I was even told that I should go get a medical check up for using a "generic" warning as an evidence for infection. These were the actual words of those two different persons on that thread. :lol:

Another deluded post that someone just made on .cult, here it is:-

A few things really.

1. People have allegedly been infected with a virus from here without clicking anything.

2. Other users have also been browsing the site (sometimes like me on several computers) and have not been infected by the alleged virus.

3. Members are only a little part of a big fish sadly, people come people go, times change and the forum will live on one way or another.

4. On a forum with over 100K members loosing even 1% of those people 1000 members being lost over an issue like this is a drop in the ocean, yes it may be the more prolific posters but other people will replace those posters, I have seen it happen since I joined here back in 2007. Some of the really helpful posters have gone and others have started to cover the gaps left by those people.

5. Most of the info is already here on the site for most problems and people read and learn as you spend time here, not to mention new people coming with excellent knowledge to add to what is already here.

6. As for choosing not to pay the supporter fee or threatening to not pay anymore it really will not bother a company as the revenue will be generated in other ways.

7. Yes the members make the site what it is I totally agree but we are just pawns at the end of the day.

8. People go on about safety and security of their PC yet don't bother to learn enough about it, I learnt myself everything I know about PC's to ensure mine runs perfectly and is safeguarded, the same reason I fix my own car, to ensure it is done the way I want at a cost I can afford. PC's are like cars they need some TLC and if you can't fix it yourself you have to pay someone else too.

Not meant to anyone in particular btw just my observations over a period of time.

Simon
________

Last edit: Post by denis747.

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #87323

That's simcor for you :slapme:

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #87324

I'm sorry, I know I am a spelling and grammar Nazi, but I am not willing to trust anyone with the welfare of my computer, who doesn't that know you can't 'learn' yourself anything, or that losing only has one o.( Loosing is a different word entirely)

It also displays a very sad and twisted idea of what a forum is. A forum is its members.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #87326

Points 4,5, and 7 are provably wrong and were cornerstones of the British Leyland business plan.

Even without the malware issues, the .Cult numbers have been and are in inexorable decline, the bumbling actions by the new owners and the DELIBERATE MISHANDLING of the affair by the legacy management team are merely accelerating the inevitable.

Lies, Damn Lies and .Cult

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #87328

5. Amuses me also. They seem to believe that information can't be removed as easily as it is put up.

Further, with the more knowledgeable people being estranged, the innocent members are open to increasing levels of really dodgy advice being promulgated by newer members vying to be the new hero gurus of .org.

I have been concerned for a while about the amount of duff info being spouted and remaining unchallenged.
David

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #87330

David

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 5 months ago #87362

There may well be '100k members' however, how many of them have even thought about .org whilst scratching their ball bags in the past 5 years? It certainly doesn't have 100k 'active' members.
There'll be usernames on the site that you saw once in 2004 when they asked the question; 'Recommend me some tyres for my Metro Vanden Plas' only never to be seen again.

And like David, this made me chuckle 'I learnt myself everything'

Simcor is a right bum licker.

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 5 months ago #87370

• Visitor
  • Visitor
That's the problem, with the internet, it allows people that should not be heard, a voice from under their rock, and the louder the shout the more people listen, and as in the case of 'org quite often to information that is bordering on the ridiculous ..

They came to believe what they wanted others to think, and their biggest fault was allowing a select group to moderate the moderators :whistle:

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 5 months ago #87540

Yeah but to do that you'd have to get rid of the saic rubbish

Why would you need to do that ? :-?

Its MG-ROVER.org so its apt that they have an MG3, 5 and 6 section to chat about them. ;)

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 5 months ago #87548

Yeah but to do that you'd have to get rid of the saic rubbish

Why would you need to do that ? :-?

Its MG-ROVER.org so its apt that they have an MG3, 5 and 6 section to chat about them. ;)

Your right it's mg-rover.org not mguk.org, saic.org or mguk-roewe-shanghai.bildge either.

Why doesnt the the new ford focus have its own section? How about a section for the out going golf? That's equally as relievent as that thing they have behind the mg badge

Oh and if your going to have a forum for them, like your good mate windy has, why does anyone with an opinion other than cringely positive get banned?

Last edit: Post by Jack of Hearts.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT