.. and the favicon has been changed too, no more MG badge.:nonod:
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #86678

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Imagine flogging something at the top of the market and then the opportunity arose to buy it back later when the price is depressed.............

Happens all the time, and .org has always had rubbish security :whistle:

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #86679

Good God!! What the hell is going on? The thing is I don't know enough about computers to just ignore this. If my pc tells me not to go somewhere then I won't go, it may be nothing, it may be something. What a crock! I know I keep having people tell me to 'just click ignore and take me there anyway' but the answer to that is 'NO'
The following user(s) said Thank You: birks

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #86680

If you have a good anti virus programme in place and up to date, it should cope with it OK. However, as you say if your browser says no, it takes a brave person to ignore it.
David

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #86687

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Do not ignore it !!!

It sends a virus in that will either kill your laptop if you have rubbish security, or it will steal personal info you put in when on line either buying stuff, credit cards, banks pass words etc !!

What security are you running ?

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #86688

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Has this happened to anyone yet?

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #86689

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Daz via Andy Watson sending a photo he downloaded off there Clive

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #86691

Has this happened to anyone yet?

According to Steve Childs, no, he says it hasn't..... but in the words of Mandy Rice-Davies..... 'Well, he would, wouldn't he' lol

Last edit: Post by Sheefag.

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #86693

Here is an excerpt from Google's analysis
Google states:

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 7675 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 50 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-11-16, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-11-16.

Malicious software includes 2 trojan(s), 1 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 10 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 8 domain(s), including reservedir003.ru/, sanotherwothu.net/, oanotherwothu.net/.

8 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including reservedir003.ru/, yourelectroshop.org/, reservedir005.ru/.

This site was hosted on 7 network(s) including AS43350 (NFORCE), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone), AS36351 (SOFTLAYER).

Note my red highlight.
David

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #86694

To me a site doesn't deserve visitors if they can't sort issues like this out.

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #86696

If you use your computer for online banking, Paypal transactions or any important data that you wish to remain secure, then you would have to be a brave person to rely solely on anti virus programs to advance past the warnings exhibited below, very brave indeed.

Here is an excerpt from Google's analysis
Google states:

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 7675 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 50 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-11-16, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-11-16.

Malicious software includes 2 trojan(s), 1 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 10 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 8 domain(s), including reservedir003.ru/, sanotherwothu.net/, oanotherwothu.net/.

8 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including reservedir003.ru/, yourelectroshop.org/, reservedir005.ru/.

This site was hosted on 7 network(s) including AS43350 (NFORCE), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone), AS36351 (SOFTLAYER).

Note my red highlight.

Last edit: Post by Sheefag.

.org infected by malware, again !!! 11 years 6 months ago #86698

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I don't think they care tbh :whistle:

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT