Sign In   Register

Topic

Northern Service Day. 14 years 2 weeks ago #12116

cheers david look forward to it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Is so skint he's off to become a sperm donor.....when i think of the money i've let slip through my fingers!!!:whistle:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Northern Service Day. 14 years 2 weeks ago #12117

Do these help?:dunno:

David
:shrug:

Northern Service Day. 14 years 2 weeks ago #12118

certainly do david...you've used the rod the opposite way round and looks like you've inserted it into the metal clasp thet the wire actually pulls to open the mechanism.....

we were using the brass block which tapped on to the actual wire but as clive said the wire wont move without keys in so pointless really....ive basically dont the same but using tie wraps...im of to wash him ready for run on sunday in notts (sorry clive already arranged before yours mate) so will try have another look...

btw i mounted mine on the central bit behind the lock rather than to the side as yours....just want it to reliably work
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Is so skint he's off to become a sperm donor.....when i think of the money i've let slip through my fingers!!!:whistle:

Northern Service Day. 14 years 2 weeks ago #12119

certainly do david...you've used the rod the opposite way round and looks like you've inserted it into the metal clasp thet the wire actually pulls to open the mechanism.....

we were using the brass block which tapped on to the actual wire but as clive said the wire wont move without keys in so pointless really....ive basically dont the same but using tie wraps...im of to wash him ready for run on sunday in notts (sorry clive already arranged before yours mate) so will try have another look...

btw i mounted mine on the central bit behind the lock rather than to the side as yours....just want it to reliably work

Yeah, I recall the brass block thing. That's really for attaching to another rod, rather than cable.
I had to use the rod reversed as it was impossible to fit the other way around. Fitted this way it has worked reliably for over a year now.

Incidentally, I have also fitted one to the bonnet as well. But I'm a smart****.:yesnod:
David

Northern Service Day. 14 years 2 weeks ago #12120

off to wash now so will have a look at reversing the bar...cheers again david

Northern Service Day. 14 years 2 weeks ago #12122

well i've sorted mine this afternoon :whistle:

i just used a brake cable off an old bike where jester had his cable ties fastened to and its working perfect!!!!

Northern Service Day. 14 years 2 weeks ago #12130

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

i just used a brake cable off an old bike where jester had his cable ties fastened to and its working perfect!!!!

Have you warned the kids not to expect their brakes to work? :dunno:

Northern Service Day. 14 years 2 weeks ago #12136

great stuff phil glad you got it sorted......just off into garage to cut little lads brakes..........:whistle:

Northern Service Day. 14 years 2 weeks ago #12139

Have you warned the kids not to expect their brakes to work? :dunno:

I'd be less worried if i didn't know Phil lived on top of a very big hill lol!

are they insured mate? :dc:
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Brakes 13 years 6 months ago #16134

I finished my version of the back brake upgrade, after months of being let down by friends that promised to cut the blocks I ended up getting them made by a guy who makes drag cars

So the ended up costing more than CJJ's originals that I based them on, but having said that I got the blocks made of really tuff stuff and used drilled an grooved discs

305mm on front, 280mm rear .....I know they still look a bit small but thats coz I have 18" rims

this shows the hub with the new disc and the old one stuck on the front to show the size difference

Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Brakes 13 years 6 months ago #16136

How do you find the braking compares to the previous setup?
David

Brakes 13 years 6 months ago #16142

How do you find the braking compares to the previous setup?

They are amazing, you dont realise how bias you are to the from with 305mm's an AP calipers, you seem to have proper brakes if that makes sense and the car is a lot more level even when braking hard

Next I have a cuming plan to make 305mm rear vented disc apdation but that means new calipers so will cost a fortune
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT