Sign In   Register

Topic

How Long have you had your F/Tf 14 years 3 months ago #6681

Bought mine second hand November 2002 with 80000km, now 168000 and was semi retired for 18mths but doing at least 12 speed events a year. It's cost me the income of a small African Nation with things like the rear shockers turret ripping out plus the dark side taking over my credit cards but with 175hp+ what do I replace it with. Nothing else would have given me so much fun for in reality so little out goings and the friendships that have been generated over three continants, maybe a TF160 but purley as a road car and keep the F as is and build her up into a full track day car. Mind you the best way to get more power is for me to loose 35kilos!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How Long have you had your F/Tf 14 years 3 months ago #6719

i bought miss lemmons in november 2008.

happy days :)

How Long have you had your F/Tf 14 years 3 months ago #6724

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I've only had mine a month so no time for any problems yet. :)

I am hoping all is well but I guess you can never tell with a car of this age.

I just like driving it, even in this weather. Roll on the warmer days. :sunshine:

How Long have you had your F/Tf 14 years 3 months ago #6726

Had mine since March 2002 and the car has received a few upgrades in that time - a few more to go yet though!!!

How Long have you had your F/Tf 14 years 3 months ago #6736

I've had "Mid life Crisis" for nearly 3yrs, I've had new under car coolant pipes fitted it is now sitting in my local garage waiting for the head gasket to be done:sad2:

How Long have you had your F/Tf 14 years 3 months ago #6742

Since July 2008 :)

How Long have you had your F/Tf 14 years 3 months ago #6775

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Owned my car for 19 months now. only spent £3500 on the car since then on the engine (grrrrrrrr). Other than the engine problems the car has been fantastic. Just that bloody engine again grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

How Long have you had your F/Tf 14 years 3 months ago #6846

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Owned my car for 19 months now. only spent £3500 on the car since then on the engine (grrrrrrrr). Other than the engine problems the car has been fantastic. Just that bloody engine again grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Oh dear, too much information, have I got something like this to look forward to? What am I like..........self, self, self. :o
Bad luck mate, it can only get better. :bye:

How Long have you had your F/Tf 14 years 3 months ago #6982

im 22, passed test when 17 and had 8 cars before the TF... and no i didnt crash ANY of them, i just got bored quickly and got shot (the record was 2 weeks before i hated everything about one of em!)... got the TF on the basis that my 2 british minis were good fun (if impractical)

bout the car in sept 08 and i think i'll be buried in her!

clutch went after 3 months but thanks to the awsome help in the MG community i "got by with a little help from my friends" and got it done "sans garage" saving me £400 :

love the car... new engine by end of 2010!
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

How Long have you had your F/Tf 14 years 3 months ago #6985

just starting my 2nd year of ownership...

got mine middle of December 2008, cost a fair few quid to get through the MOT this year, :rolleyes2: but hopefully no surprises for next year now....

:yesnod:
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

which centre caps? 14 years 3 months ago #7748

This is where I got my centre cap badges from.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Auto-Badgers_MG_W0QQ_fsubZ277861010QQ_sidZ668417420QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14?_pgn=1

I think it was the 35mm ones I got that come free with the big badge. I had to contact them and they sold me a set of 4 for around £10.

Bargin! If I can get some 69mm in the same colour I'll be a happy man, mites well do them all at once :)
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

which centre caps? 14 years 3 months ago #7766

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
69mm for thecentre caps? Have you got monster truck wheels on? :dunno:

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT