Sign In   Register

Topic

Brakes 14 years 2 months ago #10287

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Cheers for the pics I really didnt expect them to be so accurate

is it only the holes on the discs that have been drilled (which way) or do they look standard??

Not too sure what you mean mate. The discs are drilled to fit the pcd of the F.

I take it from your drawing on the block one step is 17.5 and the other side is 21, so are they right and left handed??

Yes they are right handed and left handed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Brakes 14 years 2 months ago #10291

the wheel stud holes have been drilled as you said

can you tell if the holes have been extended toward the centre of the disc or away from the centre, sort of total length of the wheel stud slots on the disc

cheers
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Brakes 14 years 2 months ago #10320

still following this, looking forward to the results guys :)
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Brakes 14 years 2 months ago #10328

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Was going to fit them today, but it was lack of sleep that was the killer. Had 3 phone calls, one from a .org member, still, they're not to know that I'm sleeping. Didn't get up until about 4.30.

Brakes 14 years 2 months ago #10333

Was going to fit them today, but it was lack of sleep that was the killer. Had 3 phone calls, one from a .org member, still, they're not to know that I'm sleeping. Didn't get up until about 4.30.

Excuses, excuses........................................ :tomatoes:
David
:shrug:

Brakes 14 years 2 months ago #10337

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
On the plus side, I now have a set of stainless steel nipples to replace my old knarled ones. :yesnod:

Brakes 14 years 2 months ago #10347

On the plus side, I now have a set of stainless steel nipples to replace my old knarled ones. :yesnod:

Ooh, new nipples! and stainless too! Wow :whistle: ....
David

Brakes 14 years 2 months ago #10370

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I've got my one-off solid set today :) Looks like good quality for the money to me. The disks aren't super but they are easily exchanged for i.e. EBC solids if they wear hard or corrode too much. I'm happy :)

Brakes 14 years 2 months ago #10371

OK, guys,
we all know that the centre bore of the discs is 56.6mm. Right?
And the rings that Clive has received take the bore of the Focus discs down from 63.6mm to the 56.6mm. Right?

Well I still have my old rear discs laying about in the yard and when I measure them, the centre bore hole is 66mm.:dunno:
When I look up new discs online the centre bore is stated as 66mm.:dunno:
Could somebody explain this please, as me am confuddled?
David

Brakes 14 years 2 months ago #10377

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Managed to fit the offside disc today. It all went quite easily, so here are some pics.

These are some before shots.

And with the wheel removed.

With the old disc removed you can see the difference between the new 280mm and the old standard 240mm.

and you can see the difference in offset between the discs. The new disc is shallower so sits further into the wheel.

With the old disc removed, and the hub cleaned up, the first thing to do is fit the spigot ring. This holds the disc central and stops wheel imbalance at high speed. The spigot ring needs to be fitted with the recess facing the hub.

The next picture shows how the carrier extension block bolts to the hub. They are handed and the stepped part should face you with the narrow end of the step at the top. We do not fit this yet as we need to bolt it to the carrier.

Fit the disc onto the hub, using the retainin screws, bolt the extension block to the caliper and bolt into place. The supplied screws are shorter and allan headed, but are very soft. I will be cutting my stainles ones to size and using them.

And with the wheel fitted you can see the difference. Even if it doesn't give better braking I am glad I did it just for the better looks.

I will fit the nearside one tomorrow and have a good drive to bed the pads in and then get it back on the brake tester to see if there is much difference.

My next job is to fit these to the front:

and these all round

Brakes 14 years 2 months ago #10378

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
If I put the before and after you can see the difference.

Brakes 14 years 2 months ago #10383

Looking good Clive.:yesnod:

Does my previous query regarding centre bore mean that the standard discs are only positioned by the studs and not on the centre Bore?:dunno:
David

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT