Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

radiator light. 8 months 2 weeks ago #203857

Hi,i have a warning light showing the radiator,but on inspection,the expansion bottle
is full,there is no level sensor in or around the expansion tank,no leakage,any ideas please.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

radiator light. 8 months 2 weeks ago #203858

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
this?

as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/
Attachments:

radiator light. 8 months 2 weeks ago #203861

How often is the light coming on ?
The engine bay temperature seldom rises enough to activate the fan. In fact the reason i found my engine bay fan had an internal short was when the car had been sitting idling during it's MOT on a very hot day resulting in the fuse blowing when the fan tried to start up.

As you have probably read, the ambient air sensor for the engine bay is accessible by opening the bootlid. You may need to lift the cage cover out of the way to get better access. It is shown here;

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Last edit: Post by Notanumber.

radiator light. 8 months 2 weeks ago #203864

No, you do not have to remove the spring clip, you just push it in and pull the connector off.
Mark
95 MGF
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

radiator light. 8 months 2 weeks ago #203878

I never realised that, I could have saved time fretting about losing the clip whilst gingerly removing it with long nose pliers.

Hopefully the OP will be back soon to let us know how he go on (unless he is yet another one post wonder of course:)
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Last edit: Post by Notanumber.

radiator light. 8 months 2 weeks ago #203896

Yeah, have to say, it is always nice to know if the advice cures a problem or not. After all, it's by sharing help and advice that allows us to keep these cars running without too many trips to the garage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT