Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re:Door locks 1 year 1 month ago #201539

I find these details interesting as I have a vested interest in early f’s & any finding made by colleges on here could help me & others further down the line. I frequently refer to the Electronic Parts Catalog (epc) on Dieter’s website & it has saved in time & money on a number of occasions. This is a copy of an original document from the manufacturer’s & although & like the car itself, it is not faultless it’s bloody good, good enough to be relied upon even for the long run, again like the car.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Door locks 1 year 1 month ago #201542

Yeah, mine is a mk2 F and has the later locks/ wiring that continued into the TFs. I'm not positive when they actually changed the lock wiring but probs around 2000.
I think it's just that many more of the later setups were produced, hence more being available on ebay.
If you check on Rimmers website it will tell you what chassis number they changed.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Door locks 1 year 4 weeks ago #201545

As the Forum knows I replaced the ECU the ALARM BOX and the Relay box on my "F" Before trying it out,I found another fault with the wiring once this was rectified ,the car started firs turn Now it nay be ,that the ECU wasnt the real problem but Im not going to switch it back .So if anyone want my original ECU ALARM BOX and RELAY UNIT they are welcome to it for just the cost of posting it say £5 Its for a 1999 MG F Len

Re:Door locks 1 year 4 weeks ago #201552

Apologies for jumping on this thread/post but can anyone help with the following please?
The basics are as follows MGTF 135 Dec2 build Lucas key fob.
Now the problem.
As we all know the weather has been poor so this is the first time we have been out in the TF for social purposes other that for Tyres/MOT/Cam belt change since buying the car late last year.
Over winter I have had one or two issues with the alarm going off ~ possibly as battery volts drop.
The car is kept in a locked garage so it has not been a problem to leave the car unlocked.
So over the week end a half hour run down a dual carriageway and parked in the supermarket rendezvous place before a club run and the car locked fine.
On getting ready to leave the fob was pressed to unlock the doors and all we got was a rapid repeated action of the door button going up and down so fast that it was impossible to open the door.
Round to the passenger side and the door button action was slightly slower and we got the door open.
Parked at the pub car park and door locked ok.
On return 2 hours or so later the rapid repeated door lock button up/down was repeated, and access eventually gained through the passenger door. (On the day in question it was basically dry with very light rain for a few minutes. Prior to that the car had been left overnight a few weeks ago at the MOT garage with heavy rain but no door problems.)

Car back in the garage on Sunday and today (three days later) key fob operation is working fine. I have just locked it and unlocked it and re locked it.
The red led flashes rapidly and then after a few seconds slows down to a steady flash.
Any ideas please and can anyone tell me the exact part number I am likely to require if a new component is required there seems to be a lot to chose from and in many places the possible correct one is out of stock and very expensive.
Can anyone help please?

Re:Door locks 1 year 3 weeks ago #201601

The buttons rapidly going up and down is usually referred to as "machine gun" locks and depending on who you talk to will get you a different answer. Some say the locks are telling you they are failing (both at once?), others put it down to current drain, duff battery or the phase of the moon. Can you put a trickle/maintenance charger on it in the garage? if you can and it cures the problem then you know it's current drain or more probably a failing battery. Current drain can be measured with a multi meter but unless you have the right kit it's a shop/garage to test the battery. I always try the easiest/cheapest 1st there's nothing worse than biting the bullet only to find it was the wrong bullet.
As an aside in my car I replaced the cigar lighter with a twin USB charger that also has a battery voltage meter built into it which is handy for keeping an eye on things.

Re:Door locks 1 year 3 weeks ago #201602

there's nothing worse than biting the bullet only to find it was the wrong bullet.

I dunno these bullets are pretty good to bite:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Re:Door locks 1 year 3 weeks ago #201603

Morning ,the battery was a new one and fully charged .I thought I had finished the restoration and the trouble started,when I tried the central locking button on the key fob The actual lock barrel was seized and while messing with it the alarm went of .My locks were machine gunning and after diving for cover!!! I replaced both,which fortunately cleared the trouble I also did the lock barrel Len

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT