Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Wiring in front fogs 1 year 1 month ago #201455

I have a pair of front fogs & brackets to install as these weren't standard on the 115. Can anyone tell me where the loom for the front fogs normally routes please, which way the wiring runs from the switch in the console , where the relay should be, does it go to the driver's side fog first or the passenger's ?

i bought a section of loom in case I need to start from scratch but If it's anything like my last two retro fit tasks there is a good chance the wiring may already be in place but with the connectors just tied up out of the way somewhere non obvious.
Once I know how the wiring for these is routed I should be able to find any tied up ends and if theres nothing there at least i will know the route to start installing and splicing in a new section of loom.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Notanumber.

Wiring in front fogs 1 year 1 month ago #201457

With the TF I seem to remember something about having to activate the BCM, to allow the foglights to work.
I’m sure someone with a better memory will be along soon.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Wiring in front fogs 1 year 1 month ago #201459

Maybe you could read through this thread which might provide you answers to your raised questions: https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/roverlike-s-guides/97883-mg-f-tf-front-fogs-parts-wiring-diagram-installation-guides

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

Wiring in front fogs 1 year 1 month ago #201461

I think telling the car it has fogs depends on the cars system, early cars with Lucas don't need telling but later cars with Pektron do, of course I maybe wrong :(

Wiring in front fogs 1 year 1 month ago #201463

Ive just been reading Roverlike's superbly detailed guide. This is completely comprehensive and exactly what I was looking for.

Interesting it has separate instructions for Mk1 and Mk2 TFs not just Mk1 & Mk2 Fs and TF. I need to work out whether my 2002 TF is a mk1 or Mk2 so Im following the right section.

The loom I was sent originates from an F so Ive just needed to swap over the bulb connectors to now work with the H11 bulbs in the later TF fogs.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Last edit: Post by Notanumber.

Wiring in front fogs 1 year 1 month ago #201465

How can i tell if my TF is a Mk1 or a Mk 2 please ?
The differences between Mk1 and Mk2 Fs are clearly defined but ive not seen TFs categorised as Mk1 and Mk2 before seeing these foglight instructions
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Wiring in front fogs 1 year 1 month ago #201467

I’ve never heard of Mk1 & Mk11 variants of the TF either, most likely any differences between cars would’ve been running changes during production. These changes being gradual, there would be no official designation of model change.

This is by no means unusual practice in the motor industry, in fact it’s quite common for there to be a supply problem with the newer updated components, and as a result the older version of the component is substituted in place in order to keep production running, until supplies of the updated component become available.
Toyota for example are notorious for the practice, and they’re by no means Robinson Crusoe in that regard.
You might think the “Just in time” manufacturing process would make this impossible, but it’s this very process that causes the problem as with little production inventory on hand they have to resort to substitution.
So to get out of trouble they just raid the spare parts inventory, which is on hand.
On no account can they afford production stoppages.

However I have no knowledge of this situation happening during MGF / TF production. Though it would not surprise me at all if it did.

Given that TF production started in 2002, your car would be an earlier version,
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Wiring in front fogs 1 year 1 month ago #201469

Huge difference between MG TF mk1 and mk2 is that mk1 have Lucas alarm system while mk2 have Pektron alarm system.
Also do not forget to look at bezels for MG TF fogs. They do differ as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notanumber

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT