Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MG F/TF Front Fogs - Parts, Wiring Diagram, Installation Guides 2 years 3 months ago #198007

Front Fogs

Rover 200/25/400/45/75 and MG ZR/ZS/ZT/F/TF use same type of fog lights. However fog surround depends on Rover/MG model and bumper make. NOTE that Rover 75 & MG ZT MK2 use different fog type - circular one and not oval.

Two types of fog exist - older type and newer type. External housing is the same.

Internally older fogs type have metal glare protection cup. From the rear side difference is that older type use H1 bulbs which are held in bulb holder

Newer fogs type use H11 bulbs, In this case there is no internal glare protection cap as H11 bulbs have one on themselves, and there is no bulb holder too, as H11 bulbs have one on themselves too.

Bulbs H1 and H11 CAN NOT be interchanged between these two types of fogs.

Following is the rest of parts that you will be needing if you intend to retrofit fogs on any MG F/TF car.

Mounting brackets and bezels

Relay

Switches and connector

Connector is actually the same for both types of switches,

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob, Notanumber

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

MG F/TF Fogs - Parts, Wiring Diagram, Installation Guides 2 years 3 months ago #198008

You will need to create your own or buy existing (on the market) wiring for front fogs. Below is the wiring diagram which is actually the same for all models. I included few variants which you could use or not.

In case of MG F mk1 MG F mk2 and MG TF mk1 it is expected that you mount in-line fuse on the wiring.

In case of MG TF you can use existing place for fuse which you can see from installation guide.

Wiring of Front Fog Lamps

Attachments:

MG F/TF Fogs - Parts, Wiring Diagram, Installation Guides 2 years 3 months ago #198009

MGF mk1 & mk2 Installation Guide

MGF Fogs Template .pdf File

Courtesy of: https://www.mgfregister.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10112

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

MGF Fogs Template - how it looks in .pdf file

MGF Fogs Template - example how to apply

Attachments:

MG F/TF Fogs - Parts, Wiring Diagram, Installation Guides 2 years 3 months ago #198010

MGTF mk1 Installation Guide

Attachments:

MG F/TF Fogs - Parts, Wiring Diagram, Installation Guides 2 years 3 months ago #198011

MGTF mk2 Installation Guide

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Bob, mnripley, Notanumber

MG F/TF Fogs - Parts, Wiring Diagram, Installation Guides 1 year 4 weeks ago #201460

This is a cracking bit of work, I would gamble my second best hat that this could have helped many past & present owners do the job in accordance with book & thanks to notanumber for wanting to do the job properly instead of guessing a position & riving a hole. I’ve seen a couple of cars where the lighting setup owed more to the inspiration of Clarence the cross eyed lion* than to any measuring instrument in my tool box.
* this reference is for older owners only, if you were ten + in the mid sixties you could well recognise the reference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notanumber

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

MG F/TF Front Fogs - Parts, Wiring Diagram, Installation Guides 1 year 4 weeks ago #201462

Thanks this is superb, Very comprehensive and exactly what was needed. I will follow it to the letter and just now need to find out if my 2002 TF is a mk1 or Mk2, as im not sure what year that changed.

The loom I was sent originates from an F so Ive just swapped over it's bulb connectors to suit the H11 bulbs in the TF fogs supplied.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Last edit: Post by Notanumber.

MG F/TF Front Fogs - Parts, Wiring Diagram, Installation Guides 10 months 6 days ago #202628

Hi all, I fitted front fogs to my MK1 F but i have a MK2 consol and switches, I also had the aftermarket wiring loom, when switched it all on, smoke poured from under the dash, i managed to disconect the battery before i lost the car. The fog wiring loom was melted to nothing, what could have happened.
I was an electrician in another life so i knew it was fused protected but it didnt blow so im assuming it was a dead short somewhere going through a resistance possibly ?
any advice would be welcome
Thanks

Pip.....

MG F/TF Front Fogs - Parts, Wiring Diagram, Installation Guides 10 months 5 days ago #202631

That’s interesting it’ll be quite a while until you get that smell out of your nostrils & it a good job you’re light on your feet & able to get to the cables off your battery. I’m surprised the switch contacts managed to pass the amount of current to incinerate the cable. I guess therefore that the root of the fault is elsewhere.
I’m away today but I’ll think about it whilst I’m off walking the lovely Lancashire hills. (You don’t hear that often).

MG F/TF Front Fogs - Parts, Wiring Diagram, Installation Guides 10 months 5 days ago #202636

Well the switch was fried too.

MG F/TF Front Fogs - Parts, Wiring Diagram, Installation Guides 10 months 5 days ago #202653

Sorry it's a bit late, it was a big hill, it was hot & I needed a big sit down when we got home.
Right lets start with what you had to begin with before the conflagration. You said you had an after market loom & a Mk 2 switch panel. Did the loom come with the appropriate connector to fit the front fog switch & if it came with the connector did you try it in the switch? Was it an easy fit or did it require a good shove?
I take it that the lamps are still in one piece, not suffering after the flare up, have you tried them to see if they work, are the lamps after market or genuine MG, did you follow Roverlike's excellent fitting guide (obviously not to the letter as his worked & your outcome wasn't as anticipated). And finally for now, where did you draw the supply from & how did you fuse the system? And finally finally have you tried any of the other services to see what works & what required further investigations. And finally finally finally where did you get the loom from?
Once we know more we can move to the next stage.
M

MG F/TF Front Fogs - Parts, Wiring Diagram, Installation Guides 10 months 4 days ago #202661

was the fog light loom only melted as far as the switch or right down to where the bulbs are ?

Have you checked for an internal fault in the fog light relay ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT