Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Enamel badges - fade and go chaulky 4 years 7 months ago #191419

Invalid or non-existent item ID.I've only had my TF for 4 years but I'm just about to buy my 3rd set of enamel badges. It came with chaulky ones, I replaced them, now these look a mess, so I need more. I do buy proper metal enamel ones. Is there a better type? I also quite fancied these red ones for a change but not sure how they'd look. Anyone got them?

Red:

Usual ones:
MG Badge Front Grille and rear boot badges and TF badge for MG TF
Completed

thanks!

Nick
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by NikTheGeek.

Enamel badges - fade and go chaulky 4 years 7 months ago #191420

Hi Nik .
I like most on here have had the same problem. Have you considered changing the MG part of the badge with the gel style stick on insert type . I changed mine 4 years ago from the original and they still look fine . All you need to do is make sure that the chrome base octagon area is clean and dry before you apply the new gel insert . I'll have a look to see where I bought them unless someone on here beats me to it.
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: NikTheGeek

Enamel badges - fade and go chaulky 4 years 7 months ago #191421

Hi Nik .
You'll find the inserts here at MGMANIALTD.CO.UK

Enamel badges - fade and go chaulky 4 years 7 months ago #191422

Sorry the link is working . Just look at the mgmanialtd.co.uk site and you'll see them .

Enamel badges - fade and go chaulky 4 years 7 months ago #191424

Enamel badges - fade and go chaulky 4 years 7 months ago #191425

Cheers Bruce .

Enamel badges - fade and go chaulky 4 years 7 months ago #191436

As I like a challenge, is it possible to renovate ‘milky’ badges? Can the discolouration be polished out or does it go too deep?

Enamel badges - fade and go chaulky 4 years 7 months ago #191437

I have the gel ones on my TF the solid enamal ones lasted no time at all, less than 18 months.
The gel ones are 3 years old and still look like new.
I got mine here, I needed the whole badge because the gel inserts will not sit on the enamel ones.
Got mine on fleebay
MG TF FRONT OR REAR BADGE , BRAND NEW, GENUINE (DAB000160)
Buy It Now

Last edit: Post by Bob.

Enamel badges - fade and go chaulky 4 years 7 months ago #191438

As I like a challenge, is it possible to renovate ‘milky’ badges? Can the discolouration be polished out or does it go too deep?

Well a challenge is one thing but I think you will find that within a few months you will have to do it again . I had some very smart black and chrome after market ones on my ZR and after the first winter they had gone dull and after I spent an age polishing them it didn't seem long before I was doing them again .
John

Enamel badges - fade and go chaulky 4 years 7 months ago #191439

I'm not sure I understand the gel insert thing. How do inserts work on my existing badges as surely they would sit proud?

Enamel badges - fade and go chaulky 4 years 7 months ago #191440

The original manufacturer's badges are nothing more than thin lacquer and once you have carefully scraped them off and cleaned the surface the gel insert sit perfectly within the octagon chrome mounting . If you look at the original badges they have a slight recess and gel replacement sits snugly within the recess .
You won't be disappointed with them , just make sure the base of the octagon where the insert sits is clean and dry and if possible warmed with a hair dryer to give good adhesion .
John

Enamel badges - fade and go chaulky 4 years 7 months ago #191441

I'm not sure I understand the gel insert thing. How do inserts work on my existing badges as surely they would sit proud?

Gel Badges. Click, click.

• Page:
Time to create page: 2.624 seconds