Gel Bonnet, Boot and Wheel Centre badges.

8 years 5 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #53422 by Leigh Ping
Thanks to Maggie Birks for demonstrating how these badges look on her lovely TF (Pics below, at the bottom of this page).

They looked so nice I thought I'd grab a couple from the same place - Capricorn1 (click here). One for the bonnet and one for the boot.

The badges I got were good quality domed gel badges, 70mm in size and seemed to fit pretty well, with a tiny overlap (approx 2mm). Judge for yourself how they look on the car. They cost £10.50 for two including postage, and took only a couple of days to arrive.

So, let's get them on the car. Instructions are included.

Here's what I used for the job -

My original badges were tatty, appeared painted on with a plastic cover over the top of them. The covering had perished and was flaking off causing the painted badge to flake too. So, I cleaned up the surfaces ready for sticking the new badges on. I didn't go too mad, just merely removed the loose plastic covering where it was flakey.

Peeling the backing paper off revealed a sticky reverse side on each badge. But, for extra security I used a drop of superglue which I applied to the old badges on the boot and bonnet.

Then I simply positioned them over the old badge and pressed down gently to secure them.

Attachment DSC04026.JPG not found

My 9 month old Grandson 'CJ' (No relation to 'CJJ') :) certainly liked them. :broon:

Attachment DSC04040.JPG not found

Here's Maggies' gorgeous car showing how nice they are in a different tone.

pendle lass wrote: I've had a shiny cigarette lighter in but I've been blowing the fuse so I put the tatty standard one back in but a bit of thinking during the week and we have gone from this

to this

thanks to Daz at locking vinyl.... a little gel badge.... its all in the detail ;)

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - Daz, Locking Vinyl.

Softly~Softly 'Jans' car showing how the badges look on her tasty flaps.

Three Pics showing the slight overlap (approx 2mm). Unnoticeable unless you zoom in.

All in all the job's a good un!
:broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: kazzybott

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #53425 by bensewell
Good Job! Will give it a go with confidence now.

8 years 5 months ago #53429 by Softly~Softly
Fabulous :broon:

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #53436 by Rich in Vancouver
I have their badges on my wheels and am very happy with them. The fit is perfect and they seem to stand up very well.
I also put one on my steering wheel, but in hindsight should have removed the raised area underneath to make the badge
fit better.
I don't think anyone has mentioned yet that their prices are excellent. :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

8 years 5 months ago #53446 by bensewell
What size are the ones for the wheel middles?

I'm liking the look of these very much.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #53449 by Leigh Ping

bensewell wrote: What size are the ones for the wheel middles?

They are good quality and, as stated, reasonably priced. They do look good on both Maggie and Rich's wheels don't they. :)
Search for 'MG' in the search box here. Scroll through, there's loads of them in differing sizes, for lots of different places.

8 years 5 months ago #53456 by bensewell
Looks likes theres two sorts? Ones that go over the top of your existing ones.

Or ones that clip into the wheel middles you have like below:

I would love union jack wheels too but would look too cramped.

Attachments:

8 years 5 months ago #53463 by makemineatriple
45mm for the wheels

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #53484 by Rich in Vancouver
Being as far away as I am I bought a selection of their badges as postage was about as much as the badges, and the rates didn't change if I bought a few more. I tried the union flag badges in several places and in the end just used it on my airbag, which I'm quite happy with although as mentioned above I should flatten the area below the badge. I really don't like messing around with the airbag though.

8 years 5 months ago #53489 by Leigh Ping
It certainly looks the part though Rich. :broon:

8 years 5 months ago #53502 by Stan_B
I replaced the front badge with an OE insert when i got the car. It was faded to just the silver backing. That one came out of the mount easily. I bought a pair of gel ones when the back needed doing and was pleased I had as the originasl insert would not come out. In the end I smoothed off my efforts and put the new one over it.. No one has noticed yet they are different, or maybe they are too polite to point it out :(

Attachments:

8 years 5 months ago #53535 by Softly~Softly
Having seen these fitted today they are fab :broon:

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds