Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Gel Bonnet, Boot and Wheel Centre badges. 11 years 10 months ago #53555

Thanks Stan, they look great. :broon:

Out of curiousity, which 'green' is your TF please? Is it one of the missing paint code pictures, here? (click).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Gel Bonnet, Boot and Wheel Centre badges. 11 years 10 months ago #53557

Our TF is "LE Mans" green and one reason I joined the T Bar is the excellent guide on paint codes where it is listed.
The listing on E Bay described it as "Lamont " green which I found quite funny. Imagine naming a car colour after the Chancellor who went crashing out of the ERM :bust:
It came with an Xpower grey h/t which I sold and replaced with a matching heritage one.

That Xpower grey one went onto a local TF135.
edit
It is more likely that the Bentleys and Jags at Le Mans were BRG like the MGB which is in a Jag BRG as the MG paint code looked horrible in 2 pack. MGs usually raced in the factory white hard top over red. Allegedly chosen for MGAs in the Mille Miglia so the Italian crowds would part to let them through
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by Stan_B. Reason: BRG at Le Mans

Re: Gel Bonnet, Boot and Wheel Centre badges. 11 years 10 months ago #53561

Our TF is "LE Mans" green and one reason I joined the T Bar is the excellent guide on paint codes where it is listed.

Aah.. It's a shame we have a 'LeMans Green' paint pic already. Nice to see it looking good in your pics though. :broon:

Re: Gel Bonnet, Boot and Wheel Centre badges. 11 years 10 months ago #53620

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Stan that really is a gorgeous colour :broon:

Re: Gel Bonnet, Boot and Wheel Centre badges. 11 years 10 months ago #53631

The grey one at the back? Yes, it's lovely isn't it. Could do with some new badges though. :lol:

Re: Gel Bonnet, Boot and Wheel Centre badges. 11 years 10 months ago #53632

• Visitor
  • Visitor

45mm for the wheels

is that all wheel centers mine are 15 vvc ones :-?

what size do I need for front and back, and the center like Richs :-?

Re: Gel Bonnet, Boot and Wheel Centre badges. 11 years 10 months ago #53634

Not sure what size the F badges are. Someone will let us know soon enough no doubt.

Re: Gel Bonnet, Boot and Wheel Centre badges. 11 years 10 months ago #53635

ooh i like those Union badges!
Would clash with the Volcano though :(

Is there a vinyl expert on T-Bar who, if given a design, could print an 'MG based' badge sticker thing?

Re: Gel Bonnet, Boot and Wheel Centre badges. 11 years 10 months ago #53637

• Visitor
  • Visitor
If you contact Capricorn 1, first post they can make whatever you want :yesnod:

Re: Gel Bonnet, Boot and Wheel Centre badges. 11 years 10 months ago #53652

The grey one at the back? Yes, it's lovely isn't it. Could do with some new badges though. :lol:

:P
Yes, the navigator really liked it when it arrived here. I had won a grey /black one earlier in Scotland

But when we arrived to collect it it had oil in the header tank and mayo on the dipstick. The vendor was just unaware of what this meant and he refunded me the money OK. I think he got it fixed and sold it later, he did offer to pay for it to be repaired if I wanted to go ahead but it just killed the deal for me. We have relatives near where the car was and flew up and stayed with them, and they drove us down to get it so we just left it there and drove away. Now we have the light green one, which I won in Newcastle and drove home. We enjoyed the visit to Edinburgh and I'm happy how it all turned out.
Attachments:

Re: Gel Bonnet, Boot and Wheel Centre badges. 11 years 10 months ago #53717

Sounded like a very reasonable seller Stan. Fair play to them offerring to make things right prior to the sale. It's a shame they didn't join the forums when they owned one.

If you contact Capricorn 1, they can make whatever you want :yesnod:

Really? Interesting Jan. Any T-Bar badge designers out there? I've tried, but I'm not the best at designing.

Another landmark today with our 800th member joining. :woohoo:
A 1000 would be easily achievable if we had a nice bumper badge. :lol:
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: Gel Bonnet, Boot and Wheel Centre badges. 11 years 10 months ago #53724

It wasnt an easy decision to make, the car was basically sound and looked after, it had £800 worth of new hood on it that year., nice to have and a good sign We both kept our cool and I think understood the legalities. The car was not as described so there was no contract, he offered me a new contract which I declined and so my money was due back. When I bid on it I had told J and she thought flying up to see her great neice and nephew was a good idea , we just flew back as well B) . This meant I ddint get out of my tree over the travel costs. I wouldnt have gone that far otherwise.
When he relisted it he didnt put "due to timewaster" and ever since then when I see thst phrase it sets alrm bells ringing. I didnt register a dispute and everyone moved on as easily as possible. I bought lunch on the way back to say thanks for running us down there, err and back as well.....

It would have been cool to have one on a Scottish plate though.
ps, The Melviille was brilliant, nice garden and play area as well :P
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Stan_B. Reason: tipping orrers
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT